*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1752003-Four
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1752003
A story of a man trying to get out of captivity.
“I don’t know if I can do anymore for him.” Said a deep male voice.
“Have you been able to fix him?” Asked a female voice.
“I believe so.” Replied the deep voice, “There isn’t that much left of him after what he has been through.”
“I understand that doctor, I just hope that he does.” Said the female voice.
“So do I nurse, so do I.”
“Do you have any idea of what happened to him?” Asked the nurse.
“No, I don’t know what could have done this type of damage to him, but I do know that it has been tough trying to fix it.”
“I’m sure it has been. I’m just surprised that anyone could live through all that he has. Still he must be happy to still be alive.”
“One can only hope that he is happy to be alive.”
“So what do we do from here doctor?”
“There isn’t much that we can do except to wait and see how he progresses from here.”


“Where am I? What happened to me? Why won’t anyone answer me? Can someone please turn on the lights?”
I’ve got to go find my way out of this place. I can tell that there is a wall next to my bed. So I slowly get out of bed and followed the wall. It goes on for about ten feet, but I can’t see anything since my eyes haven’t adjusted to the darkness yet.
I’ve reached the corner of the two walls. So I follow the new wall along for what has to be at least eight feet when all of the sudden the ground is no longer under my feet. I pulled myself back and bent down and kneeled on the ground. I put my hand onto the edge and slowly crawled along keeping my hand along the ledge so I wouldn’t fall in. After another slow ten feet I reached the wall.
Slowly getting to my feet I ran my hands up the wall to keep my balance. After standing in the one spot for a while I started to move along the last wall. As I had thought it was only ten feet and I reached my bed.
I sat back down on the bed and thought about this place.
“Why am I here? Why is there a ledge on the other side of the room?”


“What is he doing doctor?” Said the nurse.
“I’m not sure nurse, but it seems like he is trying to give us a message.” Answered the doctor.
“Can you tell what he’s saying?”
“No, and I don’t know if anyone can.”
“Why’s that doctor?”
“It looks like it might be Morse Code, but I don’t know anyone that knows it.”


“Can’t anybody help me? Is anyone there? If only they could help me? If I had arms I would reach for someone. If I had legs I would run out of this place. If I had a voice I would yell for someone to help me.
“Please God help me! Someone, anyone please help me! Won’t anyone help me?”
© Copyright 2011 Eric Noga (ericnoga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1752003-Four