*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1752755-New-Beginnings
by CC
Rated: E · Other · Relationship · #1752755
Jean must start over, without his love.
She walked out of the enormous building, barely able to breathe. She felt like she needed to get herself together. She couldn’t let it affect her in such a strong way. She had to go on, she had no choice, she couldn’t lie down and quit. She had responsibilities, more so now than ever before.
“Jean, come on. Keep walking, let me help you.” Jean looked to her left and nodded to Amanda. She had forgotten she was with her. She was once again thankful for her best friend’s support. She really didn’t know how she would make it without her.
Jean looked up just as Amanda was ushering her into the passenger seat of the car to see David walking up the stairs to the court house. She felt her whole body collapse as she fell into the seat. Amanda looked up just in time to see what had affected her friend so deeply.
“Jean, let it go. This is for the best. He hast to
grow up and you have to go on with your life. You have too much to offer the world. All he will do is stifle your dreams and goals, just like he has for the last twelve years. Let it go. It’s over.” She patted Jean on the shoulder as she closed the door and walked to the driver’s side.
Jean was wiping the tears from her eyes and trying to sit up straight as Amanda sat and started the car. “You’re right Amanda. Of course it’s not like there was a choice. I had to walk away before it was too late. I just feel like I’m leaving part of myself behind. All the dreams we had all the hard work that I put into it. How can I Just walk away, with nothing, to start over again, from nothing?”
Jean was starting to cry again. She just couldn’t stop. She felt like someone was tearing her hear out of her chest, leaving a great gaping hole in its place.
Jean and David loved each other from the moment they laid eyes on each other. There had never been a moment’s doubt about their connection. She just couldn’t understand how it could have gotten so bad How they could have drifted so far apart, going further and further until there was no way to find each other again.
Jean knew it wasn’t going to be easy, but she also knew she would eventually begin to piece her life back together again. She was realistic enough to understand and accept that. She just wished it didn’t hurt so damn much. She just didn’t want to think of how much time would pass before she could take a pain free breath. How long it would take to stop waking in the middle of the night and wonder why he wasn’t in the bed next to her.

© Copyright 2011 CC (ccano05 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1752755-New-Beginnings