*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1752816-Environmental-Conservation
by neha
Rated: · Other · Other · #1752816
Environmental conservation - the need of the hour
Green Peace, the global movement for saving our planet from ecological catastrophe, owes its existence to one modest man in a small hamlet in Europe. Today, this movement has millions of people volunteering to work for it. It only goes to prove that no effort is too small, no contribution too meagre. We must not lose sight of the fact that we have borrowed this planet from our ancestors. What do we wish, then, to inherit? Air that turns our lungs into black bags, water that would test positive for the most toxic substances known and food that has more side effects? Let's not make our industry progress at the cost of inviting ecological disaster, and let's make sure that all our trees do not turn into pulp for the paper mill or wood for windows. Each one of us will have to contribute to prevent this monster, staring us in our faces, from gobbling up this beautiful planet, our very own Earth. Let's not become paper tigers. Actions speak louder than words. So let's act! Just imagine the might of an individual's contribution - the whole world would get a fantastic face left, if only each one of us plants five saplings and ensures that at least one of them bears the fruits of our success. Say 'YES' to more greenery, to oil conservation, to solar energy. Do we need any more reasons to say 'YES'? Come to think of it - the incentive is no smaller than life - our own life!
© Copyright 2011 neha (nehadadlani at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1752816-Environmental-Conservation