*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1752926-River-of-Dreams
Rated: E · Other · Dark · #1752926
Short Story 1
She knew this was the right place Trinny had been standing on the red rock by the willow tree for three hours now and the tidal water in the estuary had come in, she was up to her waist in it.

"Where are they?" She dare not move. She wasn't going to miss this opportunity because of being wet and cold. The old binoculars faded in and out of sharp focus. Wait there it was , no it was a ducks head. "Darn it!"

Her umbrella hat was holding up well to the now torrential rain. She liked the rain the heavy splats as they hit the mass of water. She had the right day didn't she? Yep, the third of the third at three, except it was gone six now.

"Up periscope," Captain Jane casually commanded. "I think we've kept her waiting long enough."
The sleek black tube silently slid upwards and turned carefully on its prey.
"Another for slave city my friends, more credits for us."

Trinny yelped with joy. "Oh my God, oh my god. I'm going to the promise land!" Subterranean Heaven awaited. She watched the captivating craft emerged from its watery tomb. She took her last breath of fresh air, before the black dank hatch opened and swallowed her up.

"Welcome Pilgrim!" The Captain sneered.
© Copyright 2011 Finn O'Flaherty (fin333 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1752926-River-of-Dreams