*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1753257-The-Lost-Prince-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1753257
Liam can't be king of the City untill his older brother gives it up, too bad he's missing.
"What do you mean? You cannot be serious!" Liam had allowed his anger to show. He stared at the room filled with advisors and attempted to make eye contact with the brave few. He was dressed in the royal robes, he sat on the royal throne, he had lived a royal life. And yet; these people told him he could not rule?

"Your majesty, it is out of our control." The chief explained gently, shrugging his bony shoulders and looking at his peers, "The people..."

Liam cut in, his face contorted, "The people? Who cares of the people, they are controlled for a reason!" his fist slammed onto the glass desk, sending papers flying into the air and spilling ink.

"That is enough, don't you think?" A voice came from the doorway, smooth and cold. Liam turned angrily, his pale face marred with red cheeks. He quickly pulled himself up and collected his appearance.
"Father, should you not be in bed resting?" Liam stood, automatically bowing slightly. The man waved for him to sit and moved into the room, his metallic robes flowing behind him.
"Now, what is it I hear of this messy business?" he looked from man to man. Liam looked closely and saw the illness creeping up his face, his once black hair a thin grey, his eyes wrinkled and dropping. Liam sat softly, collected.

The advisor stood, pushing his glasses up his stubby nose, confident and safe now his master was there. "A fortune teller has claimed the heir, Prince Christopher, is still alive." He explained before collecting his ivy robes in his hands and sitting down on his brown chair. A superstitious man, he came from his easy life in the Gypsie camps to help the matter. Liam looked at the spectrum of robes and faces and sighed, this was serious.

Damon spoke softly, still standing, "I see. Meeting adjourned. I expect to see you all at the feast tonight."
The flow of cloaks and robes left the mirror room quickly, wishing Damon good health. Liam slouched in his chair, smoothing his messy hair back. He heard the door shut softly as Damon left and he closed his tired eyes.
© Copyright 2011 AllinsonQ (allinson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1753257-The-Lost-Prince-1