*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1753499-Driven
Rated: E · Editorial · Comedy · #1753499
Some guys would rather be married to their job..
Ever wonder why some guys seem abnormally driven in their careers, workaholics who seem to sacrifice any personal interests for the betterment of their employer?

Over the course of a 28 year work history, I have noticed a similar phenomenon at every workplace.  If the weather is bad, and driving is hazardous to impossible, you can count on certain folks to report to work no matter what.  The majority of these hearty souls seem to be married males with stay-at-home wives.  Work is actually a respite for these men.  It's a sad commentary on the quality of their home life, but it's not uncommon.  These are the guys who drool at the prospect of overtime, even though if asked, they'll tell you that any additional income will be quickly appropriated by their wife.  She gets more of his money to spend, he gets more time away from her.  Win-win?  Sounds like marriage evasion and money laundering to me. 

I'm still single and I look forward to snow days.  I know several wedded dudes who are glad to snowmobile to work and cover for me..
© Copyright 2011 Raymond Cathode (ray_cathode at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1753499-Driven