*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1753990-Soulless-Part-One
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Supernatural · #1753990
Our main character describes her first run in with a demon.
                                               
Soulless Part One


                   The first incident was actually a series of them that started when i was just twelve years old. It was a normal day at school with the exception of the special classes they were teaching the girls during English. We were all asked to take our seats and the boys were ushered out of the room much to their suprise, to a different room across the hall. Only us girls knew what was going on because our parents had recieved a letter in the mail a week prior informing us of this humiliating but important event. If you haven't guessed it by now you are probably a male and i am insanely jealous. Forget the feminism mumbo jumbo, i'd trade all my parts for a set of meat and potatoes any day. I feel that way now just as much if not more than that humiliating day in English. Oh the hell being a woman hath brought me!

                   So here we were sitting in English which is now puberty-and-how-to-deal class, not wanting to touch any of the information pamphlets or period paraphernalia, and praying that the boys in the other room have no idea what's going on.  After thirty minutes of pubetic torture we shoved our "handouts" in our bookbags and mulled over what we should tell anybody who asked what we were doing. I didn't have a good enough answer and decided i would just run home or beat the crap out of any curious classmates. As soon as the bell rang we flew out of the room hoping to beat the boys with no such luck. Why couldn't they put the boys in a class on the other end of the school?! or at least give us a headstart?? Why couldn't my parents pretend we were part of some weird religion where this topic is never brought up and decline my presence at this function??? Seriously that's just sadistic.

                   Sure enough we were flooded with a throng of our male classmates who ran circles around us yelling a million questions and teasing us with their own interpretation of what we were doing. None of the girls were talking and all of us were running. Most of us had a ride home and were able to avoid the interrogation. Damn them! thinking they were cool sitting in their fortress on wheels with their sympathetic mothers. The rest of us unfortunate females had to walk or like today, run.

                         I crossed the street with a group of ten boys unrelentlessly trying to prod information out of me, but i wasn't giving in. About halfway home i noticed a little red clunker driving down the road parallel to the sidewalk we were on. As it passed our group i saw the driver with his whole body facing me staring at only me with a look that absolutely terrified me. When he drove out of sight i brought my attention back to the boys and noticed they too were staring at me with the same look. And they were no longer yelling, they were as quiet as a church. There are no words to express the terror that gripped my twelve year old frame.

                   In perfect harmony they lept on me like tigers throwing me to the ground, ripping my bookbag out of my arms, tearing my jacket off, pulling my hair, and repeatedly beating my face and body. Between the legs of one my attackers i saw the flare of red and blue lights and the boys began to scatter like cockroaches. I managed to get up and walk towards the car. After repeatedly reassuring the officer i did not need an ambulance he drove me home where i helped the officer fill out a police report under the guidance of my parents. My mom stayed home with me the next day where we went to my doctor for an evalution. I only had minor cuts and bruises but an otherwise clean bill of health. I found out the day after when i went back to school that the boys who attacked me were suspended from school and when asked why they did what they did they all said they didn't know. Most of them called me at home to apologize and some of them were forced to come to my house and apologize in person.

                   But when i talked to them not one of them ever remembered seeing a little red car....



         



© Copyright 2011 babaganoush (babaganoush at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1753990-Soulless-Part-One