*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1754398-Reminder-of-Hope
Rated: ASR · Other · Dark · #1754398
God offers relief from pain at all seasons of life.
As the cars drive by my window, I close my eyes and I wonder why;
Why my heart just keeps on breaking, and why I feel so dead inside…
I think that life is worth living; like I believe in a fairytale…
It’s the thing I want to hear, not reality…. Not reality…

My heart just isn’t festive this year; My mind is full of regrets and broken dreams….
I want to go home, but where is that? 
Not here in these four walls, and locked windows.
I need to be safe, alone, quiet. With your arms around me, so I don’t have to cry.

And God I know you are with me but this darkness feels so real; and the light a dream.
I look up and see the sky filling up with tears,
‘Cause every time I think this way the angels cry…
But still I wonder, why… wonder why…

Jesus I know you are near me…
I can feel your love in every carol their singing; I can see your smile all around me
And I know that you love me; even tonight. Hold me close and don’t let the darkness in.
Remind me of your love, and how you conquered man’s final embrace.

Bring to mind that darkened night, so many years ago.
When the earth seemed to fall apart, and the people cried, praying for it all to end.
And then you came and the veil was torn from their eyes; and there was hope again.
You once more faced the sun. Though everyone had thought you gone, you came to their side.

And like 2,000 years ago, do the same for me tonight.
© Copyright 2011 ~S. M. Alexandria~ (amazinghistory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1754398-Reminder-of-Hope