*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1754404-In-The-Dark
Rated: 18+ · Other · Dark · #1754404
The Darkness holds its own surprises......
This is a work in progress. The last paragraph is the one that still needs work.


When the darkness reigned, all was black under the bright full moon. The howls of the wolf cascaded through the valleys. Everyone knew there would be a feast of blood that night. The wolf went in search of his prey, yellow eyes glowing, an insatiable thirst to be quenched. Death huddled his cowl and mounted his steed. There would surely be a bounty tonight.

The wolf went on his way and came upon a cottage; one lonely light burning. Upon her bed a little girl lay sleeping, all alone, for her dad was out to make his living. The girls window shattered as the wolf forced his entry.

She awoke with a start. Then she smiled, her daddy was standing right beside her. See, he had promised her a gift that night. The wolf As the wolf lay dead on the floor, death drew back his cape. He looked at his daughter and smiled his eternal smile.
© Copyright 2011 Ogglevy (josephboshoff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1754404-In-The-Dark