*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1754517-To-Forgive-or-to-Forget
Rated: E · Article · Emotional · #1754517
Sometimes, we remember our memories better than they actually were
One of the reasons why people get so sentimental is because memories are the only things that don’t change... WHEN EVERYTHING ELSE DOES...There are things in life that you can’t hold on forever, no matter how much you fight for it. Sometimes, destiny isn’t always blameless, so many times has destiny treaded the dangerous shores of love and in the end, you find yourself getting washed out by the waves.



Meeting someone you have learned to love makes you think that life is finally putting together all the finishing pieces of your jigsaw puzzle. Then again, life could just be handing you a piece that fits perfectly but doesn’t really belong to the final picture. Making you realize in the end that the person you thought was destined for you wasn’t really meant to stay but only destined to make you feel love but leaves you when you've fallen. It’s not easy to provide a good reason when you decide to leave. It gets misconstrued... some would rather live in denial... some in anger...What people don’t see is the fact that "It pains more to hurt someone who doesn’t deserve to be hurt" ... Especially when the reason for leaving is kept hidden. You can never lose something that was never yours in the first place. Sometimes, it’s better to let go than to keep on holding on to something that never intended to stay anyway.

Nothing lasts forever. Forever is a lie. Everything is transitory. So while you have something in your hand, put in mind that it's just borrowed. So that someday when it’s gone, it won’t take you eternity to move on. When your feelings get strong for someone, it’s always wise to stop for a while and give your heart a TIME TO BREATHE...a time to use your mind to weigh the situation based on reason not on emotion. There’s a reason why our head is placed on top of our body, we need to think first before we let our hearts feel.

Love can sometimes be magic, but magic is always just an illusion. There are times when we wish that we’re limited to certain emotions, so that we’ll never have to experience pain, never feel betrayed or disappointed and never get our fragile hearts broken....But it would mean that we would have never known how it feels to love and be loved in return. That thought is scarier. To have a whole heart that is numb or a broken heart that feels. Someday, we'll all be looking back to those days we learned to love, hurt, cry and fight.  When that time comes, we'll be laughing at our old dumb selves. Realizing how stupid we were to stand up for things we knew weren’t really meant for us. We have to let go of the things that we planned for our lives so that we can finally reach where we were meant to be. LEARNING TAKES TIME, AND MISTAKES MAKE ONE'S JOURNEY FUN. Life is what we make it. So, let’s live, love and take whatever pain it brings. Though it’s hard to wait around for something that might never happen, it’s harder to stop when we know it’s everything we’ve always wanted. Don’t cry because it ended , smile because it happened...
© Copyright 2011 Ice_princess (ice_cute14344 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1754517-To-Forgive-or-to-Forget