*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1754636-water-is-important-for-us
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Article · Other · #1754636
Water is essential for us to use in our daily lives.
water is important for us...

Water is essential for us to use in our daily lives. Approoximately 75 per cent is water in our body. One can lve without food but living without water is impossible. We should all be grateful that we have the facility to use clean water to use and drink. Other than those who are unfortunate to use.
How Much Water do You Need to Drink?
A good estimate is to take your body weight in pounds and divide that number in half. That gives you the number of ounces of water per day that you need to drink.
Why You Need to Drink Water
Your body is estimated to be about 60 to 70 percent water. Blood is mostly water, and your muscles, lungs, and brain all contain a lot of water. Your body needs water to regulate body temperature and to provide the means for nutrients to travel to all your organs. Water also transports oxygen to your cells, removes waste, and protects your joints and organs.
How To Drink Enough Water
It may be difficult to drink enough water on a busy day. Be sure you have water handy at all times by keeping a bottle for water with you when you are working, traveling, or exercising. If you get bored with plain water, add a bit of lemon or lime for a touch of flavor. There are some brands of flavored water available, but watch for extra calories.
• Water is used for many things:
o To drink: people should drink 8 glasses of water each day to stay healthy.
o To wash things: dishes, cars, clothes, ourselves as needed.
o To cook things in (eggs, vegetables); to use in things we cook (cakes, soup).
o To put out fires.
o To play in: pools, ponds, lakes, oceans; or to play with when using hoses, sprayers, or sprinklers.
o To water plants, lawns, trees, bushes.
o To transport cargo and people on ships or boats.
o More plants and animals live in water (saltwater or in fresh water) than on land.

© Copyright 2011 Aarti Vohra (aarti16 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1754636-water-is-important-for-us