*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1754722-everyone-has-pants
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Nonsense · #1754722
an extended metaphor, just a stream of consciousness
We have choices in life. Regularly one will be easy and the other will have great difficulty. It’s hard to know which one to choose. If problems were mud, I just wouldn’t want to get my pants dirty. Pants are strength, and no one likes dirty strength. The pants I was wearing were fine until this guy named Problem came along, tripped me, and ruined my favorite jeans. He ruined most of my strength. I still wear those pants though. I still have some strength in the threads. The holes in the pants make me feel complete. Memories of creating or accepting these holes build who we are and even though my jeans are broken with holes that make my knees cold, they make my soul warm, and they look good. Strong fabric is strong strength, and also makes me who I am. We all know Problem; he’s the most popular guy in the world probably. We all have ripped jeans as well. Some may choose the easy road, and tip toe through the mud and keep their pants clean as long as they can. The only problem with this though is that everybody’s good friend Problem has his license. If you take the easy road you still have to keep an eye out for him, because he drives drunk. He’s drunk off our fears, because fear is like fuel. Be prepared for the mud to be splashed all over you and keep an extra pair of pants with 180 thread count of strength in the back pack of your heart.
© Copyright 2011 lonewolf (als1995 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1754722-everyone-has-pants