*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1754800-I
Rated: E · Prose · Personal · #1754800
Money can't buy you...control.
I am not a doll, to dress as you please, a plaything of your design, purchased by your money, to tell when to sit and stand, when to take tea and when to fall in love. Yes, you have authority, but that power does not eliminate my mind, my wants. And it shouldn't! I do not come in a box, tied with ribbon and string, hair fixed and ruffles in line, eyes wide with innocence, waiting for your every command and incapable of making a decision for myself. I do not fit in a mold, I cannot be exactly what you think I should be simply because you wish it. If you want a doll--if you need to own and control--what you desire comes from a shelf, not a womb. Even at birth, we are not perfect, pretty packages that go along with your every wish. We are messy, determined, and opinionated. And I WILL reserve the right to remain such.
© Copyright 2011 rachelizabeth (rswift1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1754800-I