*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1754810-What-I-Made
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1754810
Project about beauty.
One day I made a mistake. I stood at that Line, and whether accidentally or on purpose, I stepped over... And the world came to a screeching halt. No wait. It didn't. I was across the Line, but nothing else had changed; I was still me, just Over. I looked around, and saw with surprise that a group of clergymen was there, standing by but pretending not to notice that man from the news who killed his wife. I saw grandparents and children, moms and dads, poverty and wealth, all brought together by a step over the Line. I went to the clergymen and asked what this place was. They did not turn; they were not Over, they couldn't be. Crossing the Line was for sinners, bad people like that murderer, those heathens. They ignored me like they ignored their situation, Prideful. For the others, though, those who knew that the Line gets crossed by everyone at some point, Over was different. The Fixers were searching frantically for anything to do to build a bridge back over the Line, swearing that "if only", they would never come back. Others, the Horrified, were crying, guilt-stricken, unable to cope with the idea of their crossing. Some were laughing, stepping back across the Line to come right back Over again, mistakes becoming a game which the Apathetic played with reckless abandon. And some, like me, were just Acceptors. Yes, I made a mistake. Yes, I crossed the Line. Yes, I am Over. Can it be taken back? No. But does it have to be repeated? No. Okay then.

For all our differences, the Prideful, Fixers, Horrified, Apathetic, and Acceptors were all together, all Over. All. And all were seeing, understanding more than ever about themselves. All were dealing with consequences, but all together! And looking around, I saw in a new light the one thing in the world that brings everyone--rich, poor, old, young, "good", "bad"--together. And even with the pain felt and the problems caused, it was okay, because no one was alone! Everyone was Over, and together. Across the Line lived a community that included all and that was where reality was at its peak, because perfection is not possible. I walked and I looked and I was a part of the beautiful crowded land of mistakes. I saw people crushed, but learning. I saw people hurting, but discovering strength they didn't know they had. And the community, the reality... It was beautiful.
© Copyright 2011 rachelizabeth (rswift1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1754810-What-I-Made