*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1755437-Monlit-Night
by Mello
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #1755437
It is a fluff quick read please comment on it and point out errors, it is for a class.
What a lovely night. The aristocratic man thought to himself as he stood on the balcony of his mansion. His silver eyes shimmered with the full moon light. The matching colored hair shuffled with the gentle zephyr that swirled around him. A cold shiver shot through him, causing him to wrap his arms closer to himself. The nice white button up shirt and pressed slacks are not exactly ideal against the cold. He isn’t a big man, just very slender, much like you would imagine a piano player to be or an oil paint artist. The party boomed inside but he wanted nothing to do with it right now, it is a party for his brother of his engagement. It isn’t the fact that he didn’t love his brother in which he did. If he didn’t, he wouldn’t have thrown the party for him. Mary Anne is a lovely woman and perfect for his brother, he couldn’t be happier for them. A click came behind him, he didn’t really care who it is to be honest but slightly annoyed at the person for ruining his peace and thoughts.

“Brother, why are you not inside? Enjoying the fruits of your generosity?” His brother’s voice hummed behind him. He gave a light sigh and turned around. His brother has the same body frame as he did but he looked…well…normal. He has tan skin, black hair and the color of mid summer’s grass.  Unlike his ebony skin, silver eyes and hair, made it seem like he is a spirit in his own family.

“It got too smoky for me. I’ll be inside soon. You shouldn’t worry Mary by being out here without her. She is your fiancĂ©e after all.” His whisper-like voice hung in the air. Another difference, Alfred is able to talk over people while he could not.

“She will be fine. Geoffrey, you really should of marriage yourself. There is many lasses in there that would very much like to be flirted with. You have the talent to make any woman be interested in you, just by playing the piano.” Alfred leaned against the white marble railing. Geoffrey huffed in response. He heard all this before, all it did is annoyed him to no end.

“I am humble with my bachelor life thank you. This conversation is over.” People have always said, he may have a quiet voice but he is able to silent anyone without much effort. Of course he denies it but people still push the aspect and opinion. Alfred had a look of shock on his face, it isn’t a normal thing for Geoffrey to silent him like that. Geoffrey rested his forearms on the cold marble and stared at the moon. The brothers stood silently in the moonlight. A woman opened the door and joined the brothers on the moonlit balcony. Her yellow dress hung around her in perfect harmony of her slim physic. Sun soaked strawberry blonde hair pinned up to show off her beautifully shaped face and neck. Alfred shot a warm grin towards the woman.

“Alfred. I was quite worried that you didn’t find your brother. I would like to thank Geoffrey for this grand party. It is most generous of you.” She sunk down in a small curtsy slash bow towards the brothers.

“It is my pleasure. I wanted to show my happiness of your engagement and this is my way of announcing it to the public.” Geoffrey removed his top hat to her.

“There is someone you should meet. It is my sister Alice, she arrived just now and it would please me if you meet her.” She smiled the request. Geoffrey knew Alfred would make him meet this woman if he didn’t do it voluntary.

What is the worst that could happen? His conscience smirked inside of his head.

Lots of thing can happen. He hissed inwardly to himself.

“Of course, I will gladly meet your sister.”  He followed Alfred and Mary Anne back inside. The laughter still ruled the sound around the room. Ladies and Gentleman found everywhere and in good spirits. The party seems like an excellent success in his opinion. There in the corner behind the pillar, stood a beautiful young woman. He assumed that she is Mary Anne’s sister, based on body shape, hair color and face structure. He felt his breath catch in his throat. Unlike her sister, she wore a dark green dress and not so outward with people. Her blue eyes sparkled at him and a small smile to match when she looked at him. Mary Anne grabbed the woman by the wrist and led her to where the brothers stood. Geoffrey’s poor heart pounded against his ribs. She walked gracefully behind her sister, not giving much of a fight.

“This is my sister Catherine.” Mary Anne introduced the lovely woman to them. Alfred kissed Catherine’s hand and smiled his greeting.

“Hello Miss Catherine. I am Geoffrey Holliday, Alfred’s little brother.” He bowed and kissed her alabaster hand. When he looked up at her, he saw she was blushing pale pink at the gesture.

“Would you like to dance?” He asked her, hiding the nervousness from his voice.

“I would love too.” Her voice lightly speaks out smooth as silk as she laid her delicate hand into his slightly bigger hand. He led her to the center of the dance floor. She smiled at him, laying her right hand on his shoulder and wrapped her left hand in his right. He set his hand on her side and led her in a smooth step. She followed every step, and greeted every look with a warm smile that is lighting his whole world.

“You are very beautiful Miss Catherine. I am honored to dance with you right now.” He whispered in her ear.

“I am the one who should be honored.” She said, causing his face to warm up. He felt a smile appear on his face. Maybe this is what it is like to be attracted and be happy with someone. She shifted her hand out of his and wrapped her arms around his neck and moved closer to him. He wrapped his arms around her waist and welcomed the wonderful feeling that is currently bubbled inside of him.

© Copyright 2011 Mello (m3110 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1755437-Monlit-Night