*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1755500-Chaos
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · War · #1755500
Very short story i wrote one night at 2 am
         Explosions, all i can hear are explosions all around me. I run, without hesitation, between the debris covered rocks i am using as cover. Dust and dirt shooting up from the ground from each round of gunfire. I try calling out to my friends, but they can't hear me, they are already dead. A gunshot ricochets 6 inches from my head, i flinch and crouch down out of reflex. I see my brother about 20 feet away behind a metal barrier, a crouched enemy sneaking behind him. I take in as much breath as i can and yell for him, i yell as loud as i possibly can. I see him turn and see the enemy, he quickly grabs the enemy's gun and forces it downward. Four bullets are fired into the ground as my brother grabs hold of his head and quickly snaps it. He takes a deep breath and looks at me, he begins to say something to me but a round catches him in the shoulder and two more in the back as his body twists to the ground. I scream louder than i ever thought i could, tears filling my eyes. I run to him, i can hear bullets whizzing past my head and i feel the vibration as bullets his the ground around me. I dive one i get close enough and pull my brother back behind the barrier. Blood is soaking the dirt covered ground around us. Tears falling from my eyes, I tell my brother that he's going to be okay, that he's a fighter. He puts his hand on my shoulder and tells me with his final breath that he is proud of me. His body goes limp, i try and try to wake him with no success. I lie his body behind the barrier and close his eyes as i say a prayer. Out of anger i grab the gun from the dead enemy's hands and take it for myself. I take cover and take several deep breaths. I quickly run from cover to cover, locating the positions of my enemy's. POP POP, one down. POP POP POP, make that two, three, and four. This continues until i am the only one standing and the ground is covered in enemy blood. I lean back against a rock and slowly slide down, attempting to slow down my heavy breathing, trying to keep my heart from exploding. It's over, i say, I did it. Suddenly, i hear something off in the distance. I slowly creep forward and see up over the nearby hill, a whole army is approaching. This is it.....this is the end. No! I will not just give up, If i am going to die, i will die fighting for my friends.....for my brother. I hear gun fire and bullet ricochets all around me again. I grab my weapon and load my last clip into it. I take several deep breaths before i do the inevitable. I say a quick prayer before i run from behind cover and charge the crowd, firing bullets into it. As i see several of the men on their front lines go down, i begin to taste blood. I look down and see several bullets passing through my body. I can feel them ripping through my flesh and bones as i fall to my knees. Blood is dripping from my mouth, i fall to the ground and cough blood all beside me. I take one final breath as i lie in my final resting place. I close my eyes.


I'm sorry brother....i'm so sorry.....
© Copyright 2011 AdamThePerson (adamtheperson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1755500-Chaos