*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1755558-If-Only-I-had-Known-It
Rated: 13+ · Other · Death · #1755558
The story of death, reincarnaition, and sorrows in the world of love.
I.Reality and Regrets

In Sta. Mesa Manila, there was once a guy who was very much in love with a girl. His name was Henry and the girl’s name is Tricia. There was a time Henry folded 500 pieces of paper roses as a gift to his girl. Although, at that time he was just a small executive in his company, his future doesn't seemed too bright, they were very happy together. They had no serious problems, and even if they had small fights they were always reuniting as soon as possible. That is how they loved each other so much.



From the very Begining, the Tricia's family objected strongly on her dating this guy. Saying that it has got to do with family background & that the girl will have to suffer for the rest of her life if she were to be with him, but they still insisted on their love.



When Henry asked Tricia: Will you marry me? Tricia happily said yes & with the guy's determination, the family finally gave in & agreed to let them get married.



Until one day before their marriage, Tricia told him she was going to Paris and will never come back. She also told him that she cannot visualize any future for the both of them. He agreed to Tricia even if it is too heartbreaking for him. Her crying face and her last words is still in the back of his mind.



“My family was right, I will never have a future with you, I know this would hurt both of us but It is the best. Goodbye Henry, remember that I love you and someday you’ll understand what I mean.”



When he regained his confidence, he worked hard day and night, forcing his body and mind just to make something out of himself. Finally with all these hardwork and with the help of friends, Henry had set up his own company.

“You never fail until you stop trying." he always told himself. "I must make it successfully in life!" He is working so hard so he could prove something to Tricia and her family. He was still hoping that he could get back to Tricia. Deep in his heart he knew something felt so wrong. His heart keeps telling him, he must see Tricia and he must know where she is. There is an unkown fear and sadness in his heart. He knew that this fears and sadness could only be subsided when he see Trisha.



One rainy day, while Henry was driving, he saw an elderly couple sharing an umbrella in the rain walking to some destination. Even with the umbrella, they were still drenched. It didn't take him long to realise those were his ex-girlfriend's parents. With a heart in getting back at them, he drove slowly beside the couple, wanting them to spot him in his luxury sedan. He wanted them to know that he wasn't the same anymore, he had his own company, car, condo, etc. He had made it in life!



Before Henry can realize, the couple was walking towards a cemetery ,and he got out of his car and followed them..Then, he saw his ex-girlfriend, a photograph of her smiling sweetly as ever at him from her tombstone... and he saw his precious paper roses in a bottle placed beside her tomb. Her parents saw him. He walked over crying and asked them why this had happened.



They explained, “Our Tricia did not leave for Paris at all. She was stricken ill with cancer. In her heart, she had believed that you will make it someday, but she did not want her illness to be your obstacle so she had chosen to leave you. She knew, will never have a future with you because she know how little the time is left for her, She just did what she thought is the best for you. “Tricia’s parents burst out in tears while explaining it to Henry and then they bid Henry goodbye.



Henry looked at Tricia’s tomb once again. She had wanted her parents to put his paper roses beside her, because if the day comes when fate brings him to her again he can take some of those back with him.



He guy just wept, he could imagine the sad face of Tricia the day she left him, he could feel the pain that Trisha felt at that time. He closed his eyes, and he was wondering how did Trisha felt while she is dying? How could he not notice Tricia’s condition, and How could he not know the real feeling and motive of Trisha on leaving him.



He shouted at her tomb, “Why did you have to do that? Why didn’t you tell me the truth? Why did you decided by yourself on our fate?”



“Why Tricia, why? You know how much I love you.”



He sat there and cry and cried until there were no more tears that could come out on his eyes.By sitting there he realized, the worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them but knowing you can't have them and will never see them again.















II. Ghost of the Past

Henry went back to his house and put himself to sleep. Then in his dream,Tricia suddenly appeared before him clothed in bright lights. They communicated mentally.



He told her “Tricia it wasn't true that you were gone.You’re alive, You didn’t leave me.”



She replied, “Henry you must accept the fact that I am already dead, but it didn't mean that I am leaving you.I will always be beside you, guarding you,"



She paused and added, “I’m so sorry I didn’t told you, because nothing will change even if told you, I will still die and I know you would mourn for me and wish you’ll die too so I have to do that. I’m so sorry.”



Henry cried saying, "No I sould be the one saying sorry, because in our relationship, I did not even notice you are in pain and you are suffering."

Trisha comforted Henry and soothed him by shrouding him with her bright light. The bliss she felt was interrupted by voice calling her name.



"It's time for me to go," she told him.



"But what about me?" Henry asked, tears in his eyes



. " I will be here for you always, and I will be waiting for you there. And don't ever forget that love you very much."



After saying that, she vanished before his eyes. Henry woke up crying. After that dream, Henry slowly began to accept Tricia’s death and whenever He’s depressed, he feels his presence beside him and he knows somehow out there she's still waiting patienly for him.











© Copyright 2011 PrincessChie23 (euricae23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1755558-If-Only-I-had-Known-It