*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1755677-Hub-Space
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Action/Adventure · #1755677
a dream that i had
He slowly approached the landing pad, wary of any movement. The quiet space between the ship and the large rotatingmass, which was suspended in air, seemed to suck him in. He landed without a hitch or a sign of another sentient being. When he stepped onto the jutting rock a rush of steam emptied from his space-craft into the thin atmosphere and quickly disappeared. Reaching behind his back, his hands clasped the handle of an antique shotgun. They had long been put out of commission and replaced with modern light-, heat-, movement-, and sound-sensing technology, but he had never gotten used to the new gadgets. It was so familiar that it felt like an extension of his own arm, ready to do his biding without complaint. The pathway wound around in a half-circle, stretching from one side of the structure, which seemed to have been attached onto the face of the meteor, to the other. A straight walk extended from each landing pad to the door of the building. He took one of these direct routes, and as he came about 2 feet in front of the door, it slid upward automatically. Most entrances in the galaxy were made this way so he wasn't startled. However, what did startle him, was the lack of opposition. There was only one measely guard who was taken care of in short notice. Perplexed, the man cautiously scanned and cleared the room. It was an open space, almost empty except for a large heater in the corner. There was a step down into another section of the interior where it was. This area was circular in shape with two doors spaced apart. Knowing that the Royal Armada would be arriving soon, he hurried to finish his task. The door to his right was an old model which didn't open without pressing a few buttons. After he coded in the series of numbers, he stepped back to let it swing open. And when he enetered, hell welcomed him in. To Be Continued.
© Copyright 2011 TheWriter (jooy_03 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1755677-Hub-Space