*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1755774-Mother-Asylum
by Owen
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Personal · #1755774
I began to wonder threw my mothers mind.
Oh mother, is it hard to recognize a poor unfortunate child?
Melting the sun was like melting away your figure.
We are both better of flesh and bones.
Unholy but we are still fashionably famished because the taste of alcohol hasn’t gone away.

Oh mother, is the world forgetting your finger prints against my dry lips?
We didn’t rise to show we have no mercy.
We have risen to show we have nothing left.

Oh mother why does your blessed eyes show a little boy growing colder each day?
Paint me pleasurable pictures of different colors just like the ocean once did.
Are you bothered by the light yet?
Please forgive me just like the saints did.

Oh mother, why are we so blinded haven’t you seen the end of time?
We are better off being the worms to feed on the dead.
It’s been fifteen years since we dug our grave and I could still smell the dirt between your fingernails.

Oh divided time, count our sins through a deck of unshuffled tarot cards.
We opened up a new fate to change our unforgiving past.

Oh mother, is the end of time an extinction?
Because our father never approved.
Shape shifting, what is wrong and controlling the weak.
It was so easy to be forgiven by our brothers and sisters.

Oh mother, we have lost another war , why are we still filled with pride, and having our hands covering our eyes?
© Copyright 2011 Owen (owen.rodriguez at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1755774-Mother-Asylum