*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1756395-Confines-of-the-Mind
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Prose · Cultural · #1756395
This piece talks about the banality of things surrounding us.
Ever felt the need to gag even though you had your favorite ice cream?
Ever felt like even before the climax a movie starts to become meaningless to you?
Ever felt the desert oasis fade away inch by inch as you begin to near it?

'Thwarted Ambition' is the word as I call it, and these are mere phrases which describe the different shades of the word.

I am not a poet and nor am I a story teller, so who am I and why have I begun to write? Maybe I do not write in a complicated sentences and my vocabulary does not comprise of half of the Oxford Dictionary, but I write, I write because I feel like expressing myself and expressing what I best understand, my emotions.
Without losing a track coming back to what I begun with the term 'Thwarted Ambition' and the emotions that come with it. The feeling that clouded my mind yesterday night was a little difficult to describe, I felt like I was trapped in an open field, whichever direction I took it brought me back to the same milestone confused I felt, could open fields trap anyone I pondered. Tired of running all over the place I sat to rest and consider my options. My mind did the calculative analysis in seconds, and I stood up once again, one more try wouldn't hurt resolute I stood up to follow suite walking forward on a decided path, the path lead me to an open road, finally the end I thought, joyfully I jumped in the air and ran towards the curvaceous road, running and running and running forward to find the bend. Panting, sweating, running still in the hope to find the bend I finally turned, panting but relived and happy only to find myself face the same open field again, only to fall down and say 'Thwarted Ambition.......'
© Copyright 2011 shruti dutt (shrutidutt_11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1756395-Confines-of-the-Mind