*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1756561-A-Truthful-Legend
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1756561
This is part one of a two part story. Hope you enjoy. Please review.
                Protected by the gods that control fate; the city of Atlantis, was lush with greenery. It was vast with layer after layer of towers and houses, with the commoners at the bottom and the Hierarchy at the top. Besides that there are no boundaries dividing them and were all treated equal. On the highest tower lied the king and Queen, who had the jobs of protecting the Shrine of the Gods, Lance and Elice. They watch over and protect our city through this shrine.

         Lance god of emotions and strength, said to protect the great princess, Ema, contrast with the goddess Elice. Elice, whom is the goddess of foresight and cleverness, is said to protect the prince Kilm. The two immortals are there equal, opposite. They both make up one half of a whole.

         Just as the immortals contrast to one another, so does Ema and Kilm. One day lance, unannounced to Elice, decided to become mortal and gain Ema’s trust to marry her despite the golden rule of the immortals. When Elice found out about what he had done, she decided to step in and stop his wrong doing by speaking to Kilm in a dream in order to save the kingdom of Atlantis.

         It was a blare; spirits twirling around in circles around the floating body. They whisper to me in urgent voices, but only one stood out. Their bodies were like lights with the leader being the sun. Too many voices all at once, but I could only make out one, whom I thought to be the leader. The spirit was blue with every detail outlined in white, making it able to be seen a mile away. The spirit requested, of great urgency, that I speak to my old comrade, Rodniten. A flash of light over head woke me up. When I awoken that morning in cold sweat, I knew I must make way for an informal meeting to speak with Roditen, for the fate of our vary civilization. This is what the goddess herself told me.

____________change point of view_____________________________

         When I awoke, I remembered my former life. Being the head general, only second to the prince himself. Our army consisting of a couple hundred strong fighting fit men. There was no need for more, for there was no war. When I retired after only five years in the position, I never stopped being friends with the royal family. I would occasionally visit them in the royal tower and they would do the same. I’m still a middle age man and no older then the prince himself whom was one year older then the princess, who was majestic in her own way, as the prince was strong in his own way. I was still strong and well qualified to be in the army.I am also welcomed back whenever I fell it be necessary.

         I heard a knock on my wooden front door. I thought to myself as I walked over to answer, how weird, I wasn’t excepting anyone today, though I was going over to the palace today. “Hello,” I spoke though the closed door. Beside it, were a lance and a sword for precision in case of a fight.

         “It’s me Kilm, Roditen.” I recognized the voice and let him in with a pleasant greeting, though he was more urgent with concern. He was outfitted in layers of royal crimson clothing, with his sword in the holder. Royalty never leave the main tower without at least two guards nearby and never carry their weapon unless there it is a time of war. In this case he would be in battle armor not his royal robes.

         “What seems to be the problem, my friend?”

         “When’s the last time you had a vision Rodniten,” he ask suddenly?

         “Last week I had one where I was talking to your father in the Royal palace,” I answered confused about why my visions would bring concern to him. Kilm and I are the only ones that can see into the future so we called the ones with the goddess, which is another reason why I’m so trusted within the royal family. We decided to name this power of ours, foresight. 

         “I had a vision last night were my father died and lance took over the kingdom, and lift it in ruins by leaving my sister to take care of it in a sadden state,” he said this with hopelessness. “It has already started, for there was a guy this morning that has asked for her hand,” he took a pause.

         I responded with, “my dear friend, I had a vision I was fighting with a guy for princess Ema’s hand in a contest, but I lost. Furthermore remember our first vision, that I will marry your sister and so far our visions haven’t been wrong.”         

         “Precisely Rodniten that means my vision is bound to happen and we let to know when you will marry her, for all we know it could be after this, in which it will be too late. That is why I need your help to try to stop this. To try to fight against the god himself!”

           “Have you gone mad my friend, fighting against a god,” I spoke to him with a concern for his safety? “If what you say is true and things have already been set into motion, how do we stop the inevitable?”

         “We must try something. Follow me to the royal palace and we can think of something on the way, but you are the only one I can trust that I know of,” my friend was urging me to the tower. I didn’t refuse because both the princess and my city were untroubled, and Kilm said he was thinking of thinking of a plan, so between the two of us we should be able to think of one.

         We thought of plans and finally decided with the best one, which was to separate in to two groups of one. My main contribution was to enter the contest to be wed with princess Ema and win at all cost, but to be careful not to end up reliving my vision. While Kilm sneaks in through the back to prepare for our back up plan, but for what he plans involves the braking into the main volt which not even he is permitted to go.

         “Lincoln, you’re a fine man and my daughter is quit found of you, for such little time you two been together,” the king spoke with the same dark voice he always uses when showing authority. In fact only his children and I have seen his true side, which is much more compassionate the how he may perceive around commoners of any sort. “There is something about you I don’t yet understand, but never the less you ask for my daughter’s hand, but for me to accept your request you must first show your strength and a series of challenges.”     

                “Whatever it is my lord, I will accept with pleasure,” Lincoln said with a smirk on his face. He must have been Lance in disguise.

         “However we have two challengers requesting my daughter’s hand, and so you must compete for her. How nice it is to see competitive tone, instead of it being so easy.” 

         “Two competitors father? Who could be the other?” Ema asked. She had been standing next two father sense the conversation started. She was dressed in white with roses that spread to each end. She had the same brown color hair as her eyes with an intrigued expression on her face.                            

         I stepped out of the shadows then and stood next to my opponent. As I examine everyone’s expression’s I notice that the only one that wasn’t surprised by my appearance, besides the king himself was Lincoln, further proof that he’s really Lance.           

              “Rodniten,” Ema gasp, surprise by my appearance!

              We went through a series of challenges after the king said to start and gave us our instructions. We went through everything from, target practice to strategically maneuvering. With every win I would have he would get in the next round, so we were always neck in neck the entire time. Then it all came down to the final match. A one on one fight to the death, and I already knew who would win and it wouldn’t be me.

         Standing tall throughout the competition the king spoke of the last challenge. “You two have really quit amazed me. No one has made it this far with me first deciding the victor, but I’m afraid this is the final test. In which the loser dies and the winner gets my daughter’s hand in marriage. Fight well and brave!” At that the king left us as Ema did, for it was prohibited for anyone besides the two challengers to be in the room with them during the fight.

         “Lance I know it’s you from my visions, and I know what you’re planning to, so you can quit the act,” I spoke up for I knew it would be my final words.

                  

         “Then you know what happens today at this moment,” I nodded as he spoke his words for at the very least I would put up a fight. “Then, tell me before I kill you; why you are here now?”

         We raised our lances and I answered his question. “I came to stop your injustice, from hurting my wonderful city and my friends whom I care about the most, even at the expense of my own life. Now allow me to grace you with the same question.”

         “I’m actually here to test your skills. To prove mankind still needs immortals to function and at one wrong stroke of a pen could tip your balance backwards and in the end it will only be the greed of the survivors that prevailed to get the immortals grace. Now let us begin.”

         “Certainly you corrupted soul of chaos, for you are truly insane,” With our battle was off! This started out as a mere dance recital of us dogging each other’s assaults, until finally I missed my mark and was stricken down by one jab of his lance right through my heart.

         I collapsed to the ground hearing lance utter, “if he’d token the shot he would have won, so why didn’t he take the shot? Maybe I was wrong….”    END PART 1

© Copyright 2011 cyber writer (mind-projector at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1756561-A-Truthful-Legend