*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1756761-Populairty-Is-Too-Popular
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Biographical · #1756761
This is about how popularity ruins and person and my personal experiences.
Popularity Is Too Popular





Is it better to be a hated loser who knows it or hated popular who is oblivious? I have been both. I still do not know what is better. My family and I have recently moved here to ANTOHER place in Michigan! Not even warmer. This means I transferred schools, this has been awful. At my old school I was the it girl. Every one hated me but pretended to love me just to be my friend; I used people, dropped them, made them feel special and then dropped them once again. Now, I am here and there is another girl doing all of this, Molly. Molly is the it girl and Molly doesn’t like competition so she has made me seem like the worst person EVER.  She once told me the reason people didn’t like me was because I was ‘to mature’ and ‘used big words’. I was in fifth grade when it happened and it was the WORST year of my life. I should have taken a moment to introduce myself; I am Lauren this story takes place when I was eleven years old.  There comes a point when popularity is too popular. I mean what’s so special about popular, it means nothing in life. Really think what IS popular? Is it who we are? What we think we are? What we strive to be? Popularity. What does it really mean?

Urban Dictionary- Someone who has a lot of friends. Not all popular people are mean and stupid. A person can be popular within their own group not only the entire school. A person can be popular for many different reasons and it's not fair to judge* them because a lot of people like and respect them. You don't have to be pretty to be popular, but that does help with the opposite sex. However, Then you have the people who have a lot of "friends" because they are intimidating and/or mean and people are scared of them. Usually these kinds of people aren't actually liked but people are "friends" with them so they don't get made fun of~. This isn’t as common as is portrayed in movies, this website, tv shows ect. Usually popular people are popular because they have the good qualities people look for in a friend.+



Obviously this person is ‘popular’ because in my case popularity ruins a person. This person defines popular as what it should be; nice, polite, liked, fun to be around. In my experience it never turns out this way, the popular people are the people that are; mean, catty, annoying, rude, and persuasive. Why would someone choose this? Being popular means you can never have days that you look like a mess otherwise girls will climb higher than you and take your status.  I just don’t understand why she is popular. Okay this may sound cocky but I am more attractive and likeable then Molly. I do not understand this. Molly thinks she has taken my fire away and I will no longer be a bother. Brace yourself Molly, you haven’t seen the last of me.



*Ah the famous don’t judge me speech, when you say don’t judge me you know it’s wrong but you don’t want to be judged for your actions. Dear God those words make me judge them MORE!

~And I am unpopular because I didn’t get the memo that we had to kiss her butt to be popular. Sorry I don’t butt kiss.

+THIS IS A LIE!



  NO TITLE

                       

                  When you’re in fifth grade you should not know how it feels to cry all night because of some girl. I did. A guy I liked A LOT back then (total player now) motioned for me to go sharpen my pencil at the same time he did so we could talk. I felt giddy that he was giving me any attention so I went; I was the first person he told. His mouthed ‘I like Molly’ my whole world went spinning and I was speechless. I remember telling him not to that she is mean and when one of the girls in our circle (me) said she liked you she said you were scum.  This is true, but as soon as the words had left my mouth I wanted to take them back . Justin would not stop badgering me for who liked him! I finally told him me and he said Oh and walked away.

    Later when I told Michele about this, she said ‘it’s not my fault’  I didn’t need to hear that. Every aspect of this day is permanently etched in my mind because of her. It didn’t help that later I received a text from her little follower that said,

                  “Are you jealous because like all the guys like Molly because she is attractive no offense but your kinda pretty but not as pretty as her”

I didn’t reply and the next day I showed it to Molly, she said ‘well no offense but she does like me more’. WHAT!!!!!  So what is friendship? In the beginning of the year Molly and I were super close, what happened? I don’t know really, how will I ever know if my friendship with ANYONE is real if Molly could fake so easily.

Urban Dictionary- Friendships are not monogamous by necessity. Two people in a friendship don't need to exclude other people from their relationship. A friendship can best be thought of as two people side by side looking forward toward a common goal. It's an odd form of love in which people develop a relationship without relationship as a goal. Scientific achievements have come out of tight-knit friendships (Watson and Crick), as have works of literary genius (J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis), as well as victories in wars (due to the tight camaraderie and mutual trust of soldiers).

                   

                Nothing in this paragraph is about ‘friendship’ being a friend means trust, loyalty and having fun with another person. Why would someone want a stiff relationship with a friend it would be all together boring. Fake friendships always seem to come my way. I have also doled out my fair share of fake friendships but I never knew how much harm I caused until now. I am sorry.

© Copyright 2011 GottaLoveMe (riskitfordance at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1756761-Populairty-Is-Too-Popular