*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1756977-Star-Crossed-Beauty
Rated: E · Poetry · Animal · #1756977
... I dreamed of you...
Star-Crossed Beauty
From photo prompt, write no longer than 15 minutes.



I dreamed of you.

When I was a girl, I watched Fury on Saturday morning TV and dreamed of you. I watched Flicka in the afternoon when I was supposed to be napping, and I dreamed of you with my eyes wide open. Later, Trigger and Ginger, and Silver, and...Mr. Ed blazed across my screen, there in the little house where I grew up. And I sighed and dreamed of you.

I dreamed of leaping onto your back, like Jess Harper or dropping from a flaming balcony like Zorro. So what I was a girl. You could still be my trustworthy partner. Annie Oakley was a girl. Sort of. We'd have such amazing, wondrous adventures. Such worthy journeys and troublesome tribulations. You and me. My secret pal. My one and only. My horse.

I dreamed of you then, and I look at you now in disbelief. You're finally here. Finally mine. Together, we're free of life's constraints and disappointments and burdens. No heavy saddle for your back. No clanky braces on my legs.

The surf is cool and refreshing, and it smells of clean.

Run, my beloved Star-Crossed Beauty. Run forever more, and never tire again!

This is heaven.

I dreamed of you.



--CSA
© Copyright 2011 🌷 Carol St.Ann 🌷 (bookmeister at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1756977-Star-Crossed-Beauty