*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1757113-Priceless
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1757113
"We are all born for love...it is the principle existence and it's only end."- Disraeli
There is a time in a man's life when his heart skips a beat or two and his eyes go wild. When his hands turn shaky and his breath gets caught in his throat. 'The moment of truth' many have called it, for it is the only time in a man's life where he faces the possibility of walking alongside the love of his life forever or walking alone. There is always that moment of complete hesitation, for it can never be helped. The fear of not knowing what is going to happen next is quite wracking, if I do say so myself. We all experience it, yet it is that fear and that fear alone that let's us know we are indeed alive. That trembling of the bones, the shuttering of the nerves. Oh, what a priceless feeling! In the end though, it is well worth it. When her eyes turn glassy, tears spilling gently down those ever soft cheeks as her lips mumble a soft 'yes', the man knows deep down in his heart that his mission is complete.



180 words
© Copyright 2011 TheCrazySkittle (mcrmistress at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1757113-Priceless