*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1757733-Prologue-to
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1757733
This is a prologue to a book i am starting.
There are myths and fairy tales told in this world but the Valda race(Valda means Spirit Warrior in Old Norse) or as known to humans as "vampires" are not in either of these two categories.They are something entirely different. They are not the soulless blood suckers the human stories make them out to be.Yes they need to blood to survive but they do not kill to get it.
                      In the centuries past it was easy for humans to accept things like Gods existence,it wasn't questioned as much as in todays world.Over the centuries myths and legends formed and the truth got twisted and forgotten.The mind set of humans today cant comprehend such things to be true.
                      Through the centuries Lucifer had his followers whispering lies about vampires,witches, and werewolves...even The Theory of Evolution,that was taught to Darwin.All this to put fear and doubt in the minds of humans.To question their existence.Humans mixed these fictional tales with truth and through the generations humans have added and taken away and passed down these tales.So no one knows the difference between the lies and the truth.
                      But Markus Ambrose,a born Valda, knows and remembers the truth.He was born in the time of Moses,his parents protected Moses so he could complete his mission.And after Moses they continued to protect his family.Markus' parents died fighting in the crusades along with many other Valda and also Spirit Healers (witches)There are very few born still alive they are the ones who hold the true history,the ones that remember feeling the wrath of God's power.
                      Markus remembers this time very well,he is the eldest elder of the Valda race, second to him by only 175 years is Aurelia Benedict.Aurelia's family were the protectors of Jeremiah,the Prophet.Her and Markus are highly respected in the Valda race.
                      Markus has one living blood relative,his little sister Alexandra,she was born before the crusades.He is extremely protective of her,mainly because she is child-like,even if she is over a hundred years old.She isn't wise enough to understand the danger of the true nature of their existence.Markus blames himself for this,after the death of his parents he wanted change and raised her more human then warrior and taught her little of their mission.But soon he will have to teach her so she can protect the humans she has come to love and fulfill the mission God has sent them to do.
                      Markus has lived a long time and being immortal can be lonely.He has had many companions over the centuries and in this time only one has come close to being the one he wanted to spend all earthly eternity with,Nina Charles a made Valda she is beautiful and smart but she loves the thought of being a vampire.And this is not something that is acceptable to Markus and the main reason why he and Nina could never be together. Markus changed when he met Ellasandra Mason,a human.He had come to accept his loneliness. He knew if he wanted to have her in his life he would have to share his secrets and he hoped she would be willing to listen. 

 
© Copyright 2011 treeeeenaful (treeeeenaful at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1757733-Prologue-to