*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1758221-waiting-for-what
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1758221
short rushed story for my hw
I sat there, waiting, waiting for what? I knew inside that she wasn’t coming, but for some reason I still had faith in her, I still kept saying just ten more minutes all though knowing very well inside, that she wasn’t coming. I’d been dreading this day for two weeks, but there was still a major part of me that just wished she would turn up, even if she was worse than I’d expected her to be, having her here would still rid me of my fear, kill of all evilness and stab the thought of danger. 

I sat there twiddling my thumbs and humming ‘it’s a beautiful world’ I thought this would take my mind off the danger I knew hung just round that corner. But I guess not, it didn’t work. My mind was powerful, strong enough to fight off a raging tiger leaping higher with every bound. All I could think about was what hung around the corner, what danger was sat there waiting for me, what pain I would go through. My piercing scream rang like sirens in my head, as I knew it was only a matter of time until my life would be gone.

I waited longer, now starting to ask myself why I was still here, but no one knew the answer to that, not even me, my thoughts were blurred in my head like a mist drifting through my mind, I couldn’t think straight, all I did know is where I was now, I wanted to be gone from. I kept asking myself why I hadn’t moved from my position I couldn’t tell myself the answer though. All kind of thoughts started to fill my head, was I dreaming or worse could I be dead? Did anyone know the answer? I sat there cautiously for another hour, I was anxious, paralysed with fear.

I’d now been sitting there for three hours with the bitter cold biting me and the icy winds circling me and slapping me round the face. Mixed with the fear was too much for me to possibly be able to handle, and finally I was pinched by my courage and I strode upward like a rocket descending from earth.  I scanned the park that surrounded me, making sure not to look too carefully as I knew if I did so my fear would start to punch back, as far as I could see know one was here with me except for the howl of the calling wind, and that didn’t frighten me. I gingerly walked towards the exit of the park, and as I did so I was grabbed by the neck and dragged towards a cold water cave, my neck was slashed quickly with a clay cutter and my neck started to pour, my eyes filled with blood and my face was destroyed, he ruined my life, quite literally, he rid me of my life, I was no more. And it was all because of her, because of her I was waiting.

© Copyright 2011 daisy bentley (daisy_bentley at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1758221-waiting-for-what