*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1758260-Displaced
Rated: XGC · Fiction · Erotica · #1758260
A loner finds a powerful rock which warps reality.
Neil turned the digit-proportioned orb over in his hands. Although he was wearing tinted glasses, he still pulled the brim of his cap over his eyes when the sun gleamed off its surface.
A distorted facsimile of the surrounding landscape greeted him as he ventured another glance at its strange veneer. He tried to smudge its surface with his finger, muddied from an earlier tumble, though neither spec nor grit remained.
How odd... I don't remember the table being that high...
The texture of unfinished pinewood met his right hand. His elbow was now bent ever-so-slightly, but he could only lock it as he stood on the tiptoes of his boots.
"Hey, man! Are you alright?"
Neil nearly choked on his saliva, and let out a few hoarse coughs. He slowly turned around, keeping his hand on the table for support. A trim, flaxen-haired woman who was presumably no stranger to the trails, protests, or granola met him. She had just crested the hill, and she had a perplexed look on her blustery face.
"Yeah, I-I'm fine... I guess."
His slender physique seemed to shrink further as he shook.
"You... can I come over there for just a second?"
The young college student nodded, removed his sweat-stained glasses, and the aviator glasses joined the hat on the table. Only, he didn't remember placing his hat there. He ran his calloused hand through his Caesar cut, the short hair he felt complimented his interest in efficiency, and indeed the hat had relocated.
The sound of her sandals on the gravel startled him. He was not staring eye-to-eye at a woman who he was almost a head taller than earlier.
"Are you the guy who ran past me up that hill?"
"Yeah, I am. I think... I think I'm smaller now."

"How does that even happen? People don't just get shorter!"
A bystander would have mistaken them for a couple, and the diminutive man was uneasy having a stranger so close.

He sat down on the edge of the bench and crossed his legs, and the long-haired girl mirrored him on the facing one.
"What height are you?"
"I'm five-foot two."
"Shit! Shit!"
"It's alright, Neil. It will be alright." She cooed.
Her slender hand touched his shoulder, rousing him from his contemplation of the table's notches and rings. Her skinny jean leg touched his and he looked up to her tank top (with modest cleavage) to her head.
"I'm sure if it happened, it can be reversed as easily. I'm Amanda, by the way. I'm a graduate student at Cal tech."
"Neil. I take classes at DeVry."
Neil drank in her remorseful glance, her greenish eyes almost watering.
"I'm so sorry. What happened right before that?"
The rock!
Neil reached back into the cargo pocket of his sweatpants, and produced the rock. It now obscured a good portion of his palm.
"I thought what it would be like to be shorter, and..."
Only, now he was looking down at her. I grew back!
"Jesus Christ, what - you're back to normal!"
He clasped her toned shoulders briefly, a touch too close to a caress for his liking.
"God, yes! I'm as tall as I was before!"
Out of the nigh-cloudless sky like a tear in reality, lightning struck a small pine a minute's jog away. The light danced down to the duff, and duff and tree glowed alight.
"Wait, do you think that rock did that? Quick, give it!"
"What, no!"
Amanda lunged for the silvery granule, only to be jerked down by a sudden force. Flesh spilled out of her now grossly undersized tank top, and she hit the table with a plop. She looked up at Neil with a glance that swept from bewilderment, to rage, then back to bewilderment.
"My chest..."
With no small effort she hoisted herself upright, and leered at her new features. The unemployed introvert was having difficulty keeping his eyes level with the fire behind her, even as it cracked and spread. She scooped her resized organs in her hands, chuckling.

"Look, we have to get out of here, Amanda."
She looked up at him with an impish smile, causing him unease at this alien glance. Had the stone warped her mind as well?
"Amanda, we need to get somewhere safe. Are you alright?"
"Better than ever! Look at me!"
The voluptuous woman lifted her arms, her bloated chest rippling slightly with the motion. She continued to pierce through Neil's brown eyes with her green, now seemingly emerald irises.
Was she being sarcastic?
"It was an accident, I'm sorry."
She spontaneously planted a kiss on the shy man's lips, causing him to blush. She then scooped the stone out of his trembling fingers.
Yeah, I guess it's better for her to hold this.
A waft of the sticky-sweet haze caught in Neil's lungs, causing him to cough and gasp. He shut his eyes and began wheezing, and tried to catch the edge of the table for balance. Only there was no table.
Neil let out a brief yelp just before he lost his footing and tumbled to the ground. A sharp pain shot up his wrist as his palm slammed onto something hard.
"Dammit!"
The jacketed man winced, rubbed his watery eyes, and then slowly cracked them open. Rather than the bright morning sun, he saw a tan stucco wall, bare save for a framed Bob Marley poster.
He started to right himself, but felt a hand touch the top of his head. He looked up, and saw Amanda's impish grin, albeit more subdued. She was leaning with some difficulty, and had to grasp a nearby bookshelf for support.
"Amanda, where... are we?"
"We're in my apartment. It's about a fifteen minute drive from the park."
"It's nice. I like the hardwood floors and the ferns really compliment the setting."
"Thanks. Can I get you something to drink? No. Alright, let's begin. Stand up."
Neil felt compelled to stand up with an urge he had not felt since he quit smoking. He was now facing his host and looking down into her mysterious eyes.
"Why are you taking your shirt off?"
"Well, I can't have something this constraining on me now, can I? Now I need to get a whole new wardrobe, you naughty boy."
"I'm not a-"
Neil suddenly felt nauseous and swooned into the couch to his left. She surveyed the room as the mental haze cleared. There was a poster for a play in front of him, a window with a peeling pane to his right, and a newly-laid bamboo floor which flowed into the kitchen to the diagonal right and a hall to his far left.
"I feel-" Neil moaned.
That didn't come out right.
Only nothing felt right. Neil looked down at her arm and saw slender, hairless flesh - far paler than her normal olive complexion. She jerked her arm up, and felt wobbling as smooth skin rubbed together. Neil looked down and was greeted with two plump mounds of flesh which, which nearly blocked the view of her bare, slender legs as she slouched forward.
Neil gasped and threw her head back into the fabric sofa. Long hair tickled his neck and chest, and his cheeks felt funny. Amanda and edges of the room began fading into a grey sea, which constricted in from the edges of her vision. She remembered a technique from therapy, and wondered if it would work here.

"Hey, Neil. Calm down. Neil!"
The small girl began flexing her calves and abdominals and tried to slow her inefficient gasps.
Breathe deeply. Slow down. This is just a panic attack, nothing serious.
"Hey man, you back?"
Neil cracked her eyes open, and began a tactical survey of her new surroundings. Everything seemed to loom over her, and her feet were dangling off a sofa. Her back was a little sore from the jerking motion.
"Good. I'll get you something to drink. Stay here."
Neil looked down at her chest again. The front of her chest distended outwards and the top was bare. The view was framed silky jet-black hair.
I'm looking down at cleavage!
She caressed the edges of her form, bringing her dainty fingers up from posterior to trim waist to the edges of her chest, somewhat disturbed by the effort required to lift the small limb.
I guess I have less muscle mass.
She brought her hand up to her face and saw the glossy black surface of her cuticles. If her tinted glasses were her, she would have used the reflection to view what would probably be a petite, comely woman with a pink spaghetti-strap top and blue jean miniskirt.
At least that's what the fabric feels like.
"Do you want a beer or just soda, lover?"
Lover?
"Uh, soda," a small voice murmured.
How do girls wear these things? The straps are digging into my underarms and I can hardly breathe. I guess it takes some getting used to. And my chest! It feels almost sore from the fabric pressing up against my... Maybe it's just too small.
She came back with two clear bottles, a yellow fluid sloshing inside.
Coronas. Topless. Some girls have no class.
"Hey, don't look at me like that."
Neil shot her gaze downward and felt her cheeks redden. She felt her heart flutter under her breast.
"I don't really feel comfortable here, like this."
Neil shifted her weight on the couch and slouched back a little bit.
"I'd like you to change me back, please?"
Amanda set the cheap beer down on the bookshelf and set towards the trembling girl.
"Please, I'm so worried I might be stuck like this. Everything's just getting back in place and..."
Neil felt a slender finger against her chin and allowed her gaze to be lead upwards.
"Where's the stone?"
Amanda let her arm rub against Neil's bare shoulder and joined her on the couch.
"Don't worry, honey. I still have it, look."
Neil twisted back at Amanda.
"What do you-"
Only, she was now eying Amanda's stubbly underarm. A cursory glance back at the wall revealed her feet were hanging limply over the edge cushion, and the microfiber was indeed pressing against her dwarfish legs.
I can't be taller than my computer desk!
Her plump lower lip trembled. Looking down, she saw her hips had retained much of their fullness as had her chest, giving her a pygmy's guise.
She felt soft flesh wrap around her shoulder. Before Neil could object, she was lifted off the couch and into Amanda's lap. She cocked her head back at Amanda's head, and was met with another peck on the lips. Lumps of flesh surrounded her diminutive arms, and Neil reluctantly began to play along.
Uncertain...
© Copyright 2011 TGwriter (tgwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1758260-Displaced