*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1758279-Former-Populars
Rated: E · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1758279
this is a captivaing short story about popular girls in high school with a twist.
The clique, the populars, the it girls, the pretty committee, whatever you want to call them they are everywhere. You always know their last names, what they wore a day before, or their new haircut. Gossip about them is like celebrity gossip, they are celebrities of the school. Meghan, Amber, Brooklyn, Chloe, and Paige are the most popular girls in The New Technology School of Achievement. Meghan is the cheerleader, who does whatever she is told to do. Amber is the girl with brains and beauty, winning very spelling bee and beauty pageant known. Brooklyn is that cool artsy girl that everyone wishes they new. Chloe is the leader of the girls and is always leading the group. Paige is the fashionista, even though she is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
The girls all ordered their drinks. They gossiped while they waited. Then the robot came to serve them their drinks. It had red buttons that had all the drinks on it, on the left arm drink sizes, and on the right extras like extra milk or sugar. Each button was green and there was an emergency button on its head. It had a boxy body and a cold robotic face.
“I got asked out twice again,” announced Amber.
“Who?” Chloe asked.
“James and Mark,” sighed Amber “I wish there were two of me.”
“Same here!” proclaimed Meghan
“We could get clones!” exclaimed Paige.
“Paige, your so funny,” smirked Chloe.
“Thanks,” Paige said contently.
A girl who looked like Annie except less cute and more awkward walked up to them.
“Do you know where the bathroom is?” she asked helplessly.
“Do you know where the breath mints are?” Chloe asked meanly. The girls erupted with anger as the girl ran into the men’s room by mistake screamed and then ran in the girl’s room. Meanwhile they were all falling out of their chairs laughing not literally because that would not be cool. The next day they met at the same place at the technology café.
“So I’ve done some research,” said Paige.
“For what?” Amber asked.
“Cloning, duh!” exclaimed Paige.
“Are you really serious,” Chloe said laughing.
“Yeah its only your age times one hundred thousand dollars,” said Paige.
“So seventeen times one hundred thousand dollars equals one million and seven hundred thousand dollars,” said amber.
“Well if I sell my hover craft and my personal robot I can do it,” said Paige eagerly.
“I guess we can all do that,” said Chloe “right girls?”
“Yes I suppose,” said Amber
“Yeah,” said Meghan.
“Alright,” said Brooklyn.
“The world would benefit from another set of us,” said Chloe. So the girls all made accounts on robotseller.com and visited the local hovercraft dealership. In about one month they managed to raise one million and seven hundred thousand dollars. They all agreed to meet at the institute of science and technology where you could be cloned. They all got there at 10am so they could all go out for lunch with their clones. When they walked into the silver dome shaped building their mouth’s dropped open with aw. It was slightly dark because of the lack of windows but you could still see the gleaming silver floors, and the five glass cylinders in the middle of the room, and little podiums with multicolored buttons on them.
“Hello?” Amber asked cautiously.
“Are you here to get cloned!” a strange voice nowhere to be scene replied.
“Yes,” they all said in unison. A little man with slimy green skin, that gleamed even with the lack of sunlight, and big black eyes. He had a tiny blue ponytail on the top of his head. “The name is Zed,” said Zed “ don’t worry I won’t eat ya now take a seat.” Silver armchairs popped in behind each girl. They all sat down with caution.
“Uh not to be rude, but what are you?” Amber asked quizzically.
“It’s a long story, these guys wanted to be cloned so this scientist Dr. Drake make this building and became testing cloning ideas, when he thought he was ready he cloned a bunch of guys, big mistake. They all turned out like me so all the mess-ups like me are stuck working for the old faurt. He makes me sick.”
Zed handed out clipboards each girl wrote the date, March 15, 2066, their names, and began filling out the paper. After handing in the sheets and the money Zed instructed them to go in the tube. Each girl got in her own tube, put the goggles and smock on, and hoped for the best. Zed quickly pressed the correct buttons on each podium and waited. Rays of different colored lasers flashed on them analyzing them, after about thirty seconds it stopped and each girl walked out, and sat down. They looked at the tubes and slowly but steadily girls were beginning to form. After another minute each girl was materialized, so they walked out of the cylinders.
Each girl was the spitting image of the original girl. Chloe’s clone walked out a perfectly sized and shaped girl walked out. Her shiny brown loosely curled chestnut hair rolled down her shoulders. Sea green eyes shone from her fair blemish free face.. Her brand new skintight blue jumpsuit that matched the winter trend perfectly highlighted her figure. Next was Meghan’s clone; a blonde high ponytail showed her fair skin, blue eyes, blemish-free face, and naturally pink lips. She wore a chrome cheerleading uniform over her athletic, tall body. Then Amber, her dark brown short hair framed her tannish skin perfectly. She had hazel eyes that caught the light just right and a natural amount of makeup on. She wore the preppy clothes that fit her perfectly. Brooklyn’s clone then walked out; her black pixie cut and multiple earrings made her face shine bright. Her olive skin smoothly covered her face. Light brown eyes popped out from dark black eyeliner and thick, long black lashes. He wore a metallic layered outfit and a small wire bow in he hair. Finally Paige’s clone walked out with her bright red straight hair that went down to her shoulders, grey eyes that peeked out of her face, the makeup she was wearing looked straight out of a magazine, as did her outfit.
The clones walked forward, to sit by their creator. The girls looked at their clones in awe. After saying goodbye to Zed they walked off to the Techno Mall. They walked into one of the cafes that filled the mall and touched the touch screen menu to order. The food dropped down in front of them. Amber smiled at her clone.
“So you take James and you’ll take Mark, got asked out twice and I like them both so that’s were you come in,” Amber stated. Her clone nodded her head robotically. Paige smiled at her clone,
“Now you are gonna go to school while I work on my fashion sketches, and go to the mall, Ok?” Paige announced. Her clone nodded in agreeing. Brooklyn smiled at clone.
“Now since I have been working hard in school I need you to stay home and work on my artwork, sculptures, drawings whatever I am working on,” said Brooklyn. Meghan also smiled at her clone.
“Cheer is getting tiresome, but I need to do it to be popular, so you need to go to practice for me,” Meghan said. Finally Chloe smiled at her clone.
“You get to be my personal robot, and do whatever I tell you,” ordered Chloe. After a long day of shopping everyone returned home and went to bed or so the girls thought but you have to remember that these clones had the same personalities of these girls, maybe even more sinister. So while the girls were asleep the clones were planning on how they could take them down. For the next week everything went fine, until Amber’s clone struck. One night the clone went through Amber’s things to find that she was going to the technology café with Mark that day so she made plans with Mark to go at the same time and Amber that he had called to cancel. When the clone walked into the café she saw John and gave him a kiss, mark angrily watched and walked up to her and yelled at her. So now Amber had neither and a reputation for being a two-timer.
Amber’s clone watched as Amber cried in her bed because Chloe had called her to tell her that she could not hag out with someone with such a bad reputation. Then Paige’s clone started at school. She would get changed at school into the ugliest clothes imaginable on purpose of course. After about a week Paige received a call from Chloe letting her know that the only reason they were friends was a because of Paige’s style and now it seemed to be gone. Next up was Meghan. Meghan’s clone purposely missed every cheer practice and started acting slightly rebellious towards Chloe. One night Meghan received a phone call from Chloe saying she was acting mean and was not on the cheerleading team anymore so she would not hang out with her anymore. One day Brooklyn’s clone went to the art room and took a picture of a piece of artwork that was done by someone else and copied it on paper. Brooklyn saw it and was so proud she gave it to the art teacher. The original artist saw it and told everyone that Brooklyn was a plagiarist. You can guess what happened next. Now Chloe was alone, looking for recruits but it did not stop there.
Chloe’s clone was getting her slowly but silently. First she began feeding her un-healthy foods so her figure was getting worse day by day. She replaced her facial wash with oil dirty dishwater and her perfume with her grandmother’s perfume. She made fake fashion a magazine with the fake trends in them, and haircuts and makeup looks as well. In two moths Chloe was a nothing, she dumped all her friends, and did not have her looks anymore, what so ever. They all realized that the clones had done it at the wrong time and there was nothing they could do, it was to late. They all went from populars to two-timers, plagiarists, ugly dressers, mean lazy girls, and fat, ugly girls. What happened to the clones you may ask? Well what if I told you all clones turn out evil. For their escape they go back to the science institute and transform into one of Zed’s kind and work their always telling the same made up story about themselves. The one Zed told the former populars.







© Copyright 2011 seaparty450 (seaparty450 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1758279-Former-Populars