*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1758318-Midnight-Screams-chapter-7-sarahs-POV
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by PG
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1758318
cont. of the hunt and a bit of a confrontation at the end (incomplete)
"Xavier stop!" I shouted in hopes that my voice could stop his violence. I watched as he drained the poor man of his life's blood. I watched as discarded the body as if it were nothing but scrap paper. I faced away when he jumped back into the tree. He leaned close and whispered in my ear,

"Now you try."

I couldn't believe what I was about to do. I couldn't stand the thought but I was so hungry and I knew no other food would suffice. I made my way through the dense 'Forest' and kept my eyes below. I spotted a man who looked to be no older than his twenties. I knew I would always feel guilty for taking this man's life when he'd barely had a chance to live. And then Xavier was in my ear again.

"You know what you have to do."

He chuckled lightly in my ear and I wondered what was becoming of him. I set my eyes on the man, poised for my spring, then I flung my self from the tree onto the mans back. He fell to ground and as I placed my hands on his head, preparing for the break, i bent down and whispered an apology.

I felt my body go numb as his neck snapped below my trembling hands. I stiffly rearranged his body so that his neck was exposed to me. I drank until I couldn't anymore. I felt Xavier's eyes on me the whole time.


We returned to the hideout in silence and knew the others could feel the tension as soon as we came in. Xavier shuffled silently away and across the room to Ara. He grabbed her arm and took her to a different room.
© Copyright 2011 PG (bri9612 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1758318-Midnight-Screams-chapter-7-sarahs-POV