*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1758635-Tranquilizer-Part-1
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Emotional · #1758635
A young girl reminisced a past tragedy that dictated her to kill a man.
1



Innocent-looking, a 15 year-old girl can only stare on a fresh corpse wearing black coat and jeans stabbed by a murderer.  But the victim’s blood that smudged her shirt and her hands holding a knife sparkling with blood stains and tears determine her role in the crime scene. Diana has killed a man. She is now isolated from the world of innocence. She is a juvenile delinquent, a killer, and of course an opportunist. And now, what she can only do is to hide and be traumatized; to be afraid and shake in the corner of their dark, cold, deafening silent room near the lake. She had done all of these because she is afraid of man after a tragedy happened in her childhood.

The snow began to fall.

Diana has started to hallucinate and revisited her dark past.

It all started here. It was a snowy winter day of January 2006. Jane Harrington her mother has been the one only doing the preparations for that day.

It was Diana’s birthday but it seems that the weather has not kept any good gift for her. They had already planned to go to Grandma’s house that day to spend the day with the whole family; but, all of their plans were ruined. None of their plans have been done according to their wanted realization. And so they decided to just eat all their party foods in their house.

No party will be thrown. Diana was so sad in that day—just like an ordinary child—desiring to receive gifts—of beautiful dolls and dresses—and of a joyful day. She is thinking that time has turned its back upon her.

“For so many days in the year, why will these things happen in this special day of mine?” she asked herself.

“Diana let’s eat now! The foods are all ready” her mother shouted.

“Okay Ma…let’s celebrate my birthday in this cold snowy day with the pests and insects here in our house as visitors” she uninterestedly replied.

The table was overloaded of tomato-rich spaghetti, a shining round custard cake, an oven-fresh turkey, a jar full of cold apple cider, and a tea Jane concocted.

“Gosh! Ma, you all made this? You’re like a wonder mom.” Diana gladly said and smiled at last.

“You like it? Since this morning, you bloodily slumped yourself in your room and I’m glad now that you have energy to celebrate” her mother replied.

“Ma, if Papa did not die because of the vehicular accident, maybe we’re much happier today.” Diana added in low-tone.

Jane ignored what Diana said.

“Let’s start now!” she said.

“Diana blow now the cand---“

But unexpectedly, a tall man in a fur coat forcibly opened their rickety wooden door and called Diana’s mother. He pulled her powerfully and stabbed it with knife. Then the criminal—still having a little dose of conscience, had not killed Diana but instead he locked her in the attic.



To be continued...
© Copyright 2011 ken15_phl (ken15_phl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1758635-Tranquilizer-Part-1