*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1759142-Just-a-Dream-Your-Alive
by kokie
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1759142
What happens when Caty has this dream? Will it come true, or not?
                  I walked down the hall at the airport. Home, sweet home. I remembered the navy blue carpet, that always made me shock somebody when I touched them, the dim lights lighting up the hallway just barely, and the sweet smell of hazelnut coffee with vanilla cream. This reminded my so much of how it used to be in my parents house, when they were still together. When I didn't have to travel back and forth between Mississippi and Nevada, and when I didn't have to miss them, because I was always with them, together. It should have stayed that way, and we should still be a big happy family, but I guess that's not how it's going to work out. I'll just have to keep on going back and forth. I mean, what if my parents get low on money? What if they already are, and I'll have to stay at my dad's house for the rest of my life, because they can't afford to buy one? I just can't stay away from mom! She's the one that taught me every single word that I know now, until 7th grade, because my parents couldn't afford school back then, because they were too busy buying stuff for my brothers. Maybe that's what they were fighting about. Fighting about who and what they were going to spend their money on? That's just stupid. Why would some one fight about that? I wouldn't care either way! I just want my parents back together, and I just want to live in one place, and not live in two states, having to call the parent that I'm not with a million times a day. Well, at least just for my mom. She was just way too over-protective. She's insane, but I love her more than life it's self. But, maybe, just maybe I could get my parents back together. So that everything can be normal again. Just for once. I wish I could dream about it, but, you can't force your dreams to dream about what you want them to. Instead of dreams being good, they haunt you, and make you have nightmares. It's not fair how that always happens to me.

        There he was, my dad. I ran to him, and hugged him. But, then I pulled away, and saw some tall, dark-haired guy standing there, looking at my weird.........It's wasn't dad. Where is he. He said he would be here. And, he said he was already here when I talked to him on the phone. Did he leave me? I called him again, and a girl with a deep voice answered. "Hello..." The girl said, as I pressed to phone against my ear, straining to hear. "Hi..Um...where's my dad. Ian?" I said softly, not wanting anyone in the airport to hear. "Oh, he's...in the hospital." She said. I could hear the girl gulp. "He close to dying." I pulled the phone away from my ear slowly, and hung up on the lady. I can't believe it. I let tears fall from my eyes, dark makeup rolling down my cheek. Everything bad happens to me.
I sat up in my bed, hair sticking to my neck, sweaty. I sighed, and lay back down in bed, not falling asleep until hours later, having the same dream all over again, but about my mom.
© Copyright 2011 kokie (kokie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1759142-Just-a-Dream-Your-Alive