*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1759224-Perfect
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1759224
Cali has cancer. She will not let it stop her no matter what.
         "Honey, it's time to leave! Hurry up so we can go!" my mom yelled through the door. I put on a long sleeved light purple t-shirt to cover up the bruises and a pair of jeans to cover up my scrawny legs. What was left of my golden hair was pulled back into the perfect ponytail to hide the missing chunks of hair. I put on makeup to give color to my skin and cover up the tiredness in my eyes. My toothbrush was used to hide the fact that I threw up again this morning and gave my breath a minty smell. I put on a chunky necklace to draw attention away from my face and body. Pink, glossy lipstick was to be applied to my peaky looking lips. All I want is to make it through high school without people feeling sorry for me and finding out I am going to die in 3 months. I have a rare case a pancreatic cancer and all I want is to remain the most popular girl in school and class president. I look in the mirror one last time. Great, perfect.
© Copyright 2011 outloudgirl (outloudgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1759224-Perfect