*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1759585-Feather-In-The-Wind
by Ash
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #1759585
Love is simple
Someone asked me once, what is love like?
I simply said, ‘tis like the feather on a windy day.
Can go unnoticed, floating by in a simple breeze.
Stopping on a windowsill, for a tiny peak.
It’s fragile and can be tattered if there is no one to protect it.
Yet the wind never lets go and takes it onward across the busy road.

Just as the wind blows, so the feather may flow.
If you’re lucky enough to see it… You’ve been sent a blessing.
For those of us that spy’s the feather, so we have been touched.
It leaves us with a smile and a wonder, possibly a tender embrace
Will a wait.

The feather is simple. It shows life is pure. The dove that could have dropped it may have had you or I in mind. “Some one out there needs the warmth of love.” Where the feather end up, not for me to say. But if I see it, I’ll let you know.

Step out to the curb on a windy day. For the feather in the wind, just may decide to flow your way.
© Copyright 2011 Ash (crowscrest at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1759585-Feather-In-The-Wind