*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1760149-Sunlight-In-An-Empty-Room
Rated: E · Prose · Other · #1760149
One lonely persons attempt to find peace
Sunlight pours through the bare windows engulfing the room with warmth and color that dance off of its surface. The glass panes are cracked and dirty with age and have not been opened to take in fresh air for a long while. Even so, nothing has been able to stop the sun from shining in; illuminating the dark and silent walls with bright streaks of yellow and shades of gold.

The room is empty, void of any material objects that would mar the stillness of the nothingness. The beams of sunlight bounce off the wide slats of oak and turn their warm embraces back towards the windows from which they had first entered.

In the corner of the emptiness of this room is a single, endless point of eternity. Gathered within the confines of one beam of sunlight, knowing neither beginning nor end; it is wrapped in a golden haze that lifts its fingers of seduction in the empty room.

Now you question. If no one sees this light and no one feels its warmth, is it real? In a shallow, empty room the sunlight burst forth for no man and offers its very life to only the stillness of dreams that rise up to meet it from within the vastness of time. Abounding in comfort, the silence finds the peace in the company of the sun's generous giving.

Empty heart of mine; receive the sunlight that is so freely given. Accept the peace that can be found in this sunlight that pours through the windows of time and surrounds my heart, my very longings with warmth and the true colors of this life.
© Copyright 2011 Diamondwriter (diamondwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1760149-Sunlight-In-An-Empty-Room