*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1760486-As-the-last-tear-fell
by Harry
Rated: E · Other · Adult · #1760486
My new romance novel, in all its glory.
As the last tear fell


Fiona was alone in the darkness.  She could sense he had gone.  Or had he really ever been there?  No, of course he had been there.  That sleep summer had been wildest summer in her 48 years.

But now autumn had descended, and with it, it brought sobering winds to chill the warmest passions of any heart, crushing delicate relationships as you would a leaf, lying on the autumnal ground.  Fiona’s heart was warm with passion.  Not too warm either, the surgery she underwent in ’96 had worked a treat.

Anyway, the night Fiona met Brett had begun like any other.  Both had showed up at The Romana Inn, restaurant and hotel, for prior engagements they both would inevitably end up ditching.  They had seen each other from across the car park, it was instant attraction.  Brett liked the look of Fiona.  She looked pretty desperate, and who says miniskirts should not be common place attire for the near menopausal?  Brett smoothly ejected himself from his Ferrari and smiled.  Fiona smiled back, she was attracted too.  She loved money.
They eyed the menu playfully, Brett ordering the Profiteroles immediately because ‘They look incredible’.

‘Haha, so do you always like skipping straight, to, desert?!’ said Fiona, winking.

The waiter was rude, the food was mediocre and the restaurant decor tired and weary, but for these two people falling in love, it was the best place in all of Luton.

The soup was moist and creamy, and not just the soup, the vol le vents were as well.

After the food, and a little more wine, came, the bill.  Brett paid on 3 of his 5 cards and said, ‘I have a room upstairs’.
‘Oh, wow’ Smiled Fiona, her lips glistening under the 40 watt bulb above their table.
‘Is it, a, double room?!’
‘Well, no, not, err, technically, but I’m err, sure we can, err’
Fiona looked downtrodden, Brett was throbbing.  20 minutes later and thanks a very helpful man called Barry on the check-in desk, Brett showed Fiona into his newly booked double en suite dulex king size room, and lit some candles.

Fiona stripped, and they kissed.

‘They look incredible’ Said Brett, he wasn’t talking about the profiteroles anymore.  Her heaving chest periodically blocked out the candle light from the back of the room.

‘I’ll just put the big light on’ Said Brett, ‘This is ridiculous’.


A wild night followed.  They both ached with excitement, the silky duvet soft against their raw skin.
Suddenly, Brett spoke.  He said the words Fiona had never expected him to say, least of all tonight.

‘I have to drive back to Ipswich tomorrow and return the Ferrari; I only hired it for the weekend.’

Fiona’s heart crumbled slightly, he was from Ipswich?!
© Copyright 2011 Harry (harry.killian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1760486-As-the-last-tear-fell