*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1760496-You-Do-This-Every-Single-Time
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Other · #1760496
Small poem contemplation written by me, they are each seperated by line breaks.
You do this every single time, and still you haven’t learned.

Do me a favor and watch that lest step, it’s the worst.


Subscribe to reality, its something worth looking into. You keep your eyes glued to your fantasies and memories and I swear you won’t get anywhere but nowhere. What is the point of this? This darkness is following me, and just won’t let me be. I will break, I will break down this wall that holds me closed. Just… give me a while.



These days just drag on and on. Why don’t they ever end, why am I stuck here on slow? Tell me im coming home soon, cause I cant stay here. This isn’t my kingdom, this isn’t where I belong. Here they don’t forgive my mistakes, it’s an unforgiving place. But the journey home is far from an easy one. It’s your choice to make, but this is just how it goes.



We all take steps, thinking they are forward but could they be back? Clocks aren’t always built right, maybe the gears could be off. I don’t mean to scare you, im just curious. What makes forward progress and backward loss? Couldn’t it be the other way around? There is no chain around your arms, your feet are not bound, you are free to choose which is which. Either way you will arrive at your destination, but one direction might take much longer.



Why do we need to wish upon a star, what makes a penny good or bad? Superstition is something we can base our life off of but I can honestly say I have never broken my mothers back stepping on a crack.



It’s a faraway sky, and a distant star. But what it means is not far away at all, just those who seek the truth always search too far. All they need to do is reach inside and realize they are their own answer.



Don’t mistake this as another love song, just tell me. Tell me. Why do you always try to be something your not? You draw faces on the mirror just to get a different view but all you should see is the same old you. I want to get out of here, but I don’t really have anywhere else to go. I want to run to your arms but you’re so far from here. Just get me out of here.



I always find my word when no one is talking, it’s just me my pen and my paper. My head might be spinning but my hand is steady. I’ve got no choice, I need to show you that I feel somehow. Look me in my eyes, im just so tired, I’ve been painting pictures that no one can see. I’ve got no hills left to climb you’ve heard me put the skies on fire, burn my walls down to the ground, breathe poison, scream to the moon, and learn to be what I really am. So what’s left to do?











My eyes stare at the ceiling, but see nothing. These sightless eyes cry tears the might flow unjustly. You mustn’t mistake take responsibility for thing that you never could. Sometimes fate intervenes and decides that no matter what you do, it gets what it wants. These ears hear the world, but nothing comes of it. Nothing you can hear can change your fate. Maybe we rely too much on ourselves to make the world spin the way we want it to. But sometimes, that spin pushes harder than you do on life, and gets what is want.



When someone who is supposed to be making you happy, only makes you feel worse, when your friends refuse to make sense of why you continue to keep hurting yourself you start asking yourself… is this fair to anyone? Maybe im just tying to live a lie and make the rest of them believe. I can’t shove down your throat what im not even believing anymore. I can’t keep sitting around waiting for the world to break. I have to take my own control. It’s not worth sitting through the pain waiting for the sun to break through, because it might not ever come out.



This war you fight, it’s full of nothing but lies. You think your fucking in charge? These walls collapsed long ago, you just refused to look at the sun that shone through the cracks. Stay near she screams, but I’ve gone deaf by now the bombs have been bursting too close. These wars are nothing, just a battle to see who can make a bigger pain of guilt burn through. This is who I am this is what I’ve done, and I can’t come back down. I’ve never felt so close to the ground and still so far away. This is all in your head. Just turn the next page. I promise it will all be over soon.



I am not the lightning that sears the clouds. I am not the rain falling from the sky.. I am not the world living around you. I am just me. And shouldn’t that be enough for you? Or is it true that I must be every word you breathe every sight that you see? Well that’s too much for me. I need some space to see I need some time to be me. I want some of my own air to breathe. Isn’t that fair?



You’re not a friend. Just a stranger sadly born in the same world. All your actions were rehearsed, you just forgot them until it was time to carry them out. Sometimes perfection is only a perfect hell.



The strongest rays of sun still create shadows. It’s amazing that anyone can live this long hiding behind a lie. Every one of us has blamed the one’s that were before us, never once trying to accept that we are the one’s messing with our own lives. The words that beat a steady rhythm, the cries that scream the truth, are they all lost on you?



Here I go again, another night of dodging your bombs to keep you happy. You know me, I was never cut out for this sort of thing. I was built differently my gears do not spin the same.



Surrounded by darkness, only then can you find your true heart. There is no such thing as a winner, only the truth. You never lose your luck, you just forget how to find it. But there is always someone who can bring it all back to you, and save your  heart from the dark.

You think your light is so bright that you could cast a shadow over me… but hey im still here. Retracing your steps has never been so hard, especially since you can’t remember where you’ve come from. You hold all of your information inside… chocking on nothing feeling nothing at all.  You caught your reflection on accident and realized, this is not my disguise. This is the face I have been hiding from them all. This is the worst day since yesterday. Well what happened to it being the best day since yesterday? It seems so long ago.



It is said there are no new stories, just different voices to tell them. Well where’s my voice, where’s my story? You can’t expect me to believe that im not writing my own story here, that none of this has been decided yet for me. Im just searching for some meaning here, because I am what I am, and it’s the way I plan to stay until I die. The nightmare is finally over, I can go back to dreaming, its ok to be afraid, but I promise, there are no more nightmare’s. Eventually you’ll see the truth, and I promise it will set you free.







© Copyright 2011 The1egend (hurley3084 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1760496-You-Do-This-Every-Single-Time