*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1760710-Pan
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #1760710
a bio of the otherworldly being known as Pan
         His name is Pan, just Pan, never needed a last name, so he never had one. Who am I you may ask. I'm a Gray Lord, apart of those select few, who watch and record the lives of the others. I’ve watched Pan for a long time. At first glance he doesn't look like much. A man in his mid-50s, poor eyesight and a rather large stomach, a product of a dangerous love of food, yet Pan isn't an ordinary man. If you watch Pan as I have done you will see like most men that Pan lives multiple lives. He fulfills multiple roles at different times of the day, father, husband, boss, etc. etc. Pan has needs and wants just like any other warm-blooded human, but Pan isn’t human. Pan is a Walker, a being of the faerie Persuasion, with the ability to shape-change.

         By day Pan is a fifty-one-year-old butcher from Paris, who every day walks the same route to and from work to his home in the countryside just outside Paris, where Pan lives with his wife Luanne and his three children Nymphadora, Sonja, and Phillip.

         Every day Pan walks past the Faerie Wing CafĂ© and Book Shoppe on the popular Tourist Street Lilith Boulevard, where many a street performer can be heard playing their souls clean with their instruments of salvation and beauty. Pan’s favorite is the mandolin. Whenever one is being played Pan makes sure to walk past them to better enjoy the music. To watch the sunset over Paris with the melody of the mandolin playing the accompaniment was a personal enjoyment for Pan.

         Yes; Pan loves the simple pleasures of life. The sunsets, music, a good meal, spending time with the family, all simple pleasures in life that escape most people in their 9-to-5 grind. But of course Pan isn't human, by night Pan is anything but human.

         As the last raises of the sun sink below the horizon, Pan walks the line between the world of man and the world of animals. Pan is not a werewolf or any other kind of were-animal. The moon, goddess of the night, holds no sway over Pan, for he is something more. Unlike the other races of the supernatural world Pan is among those few who have existed since the dawning of life on planet Earth. Walkers witnessed the evolution of the Earth and Walkers will witness its death for nothing lasts for ever.

         Pan is a typical Walker. At will he sheds his human exterior and becomes the king of the night, the Leopard. Flabby human flesh is replaced with sleek furry muscle and sinew. The dull inadequate human senses become the mighty senses of the feline predator. Nails rounded and cut short grow long and sharp, perfect for slashing and tarring. From two legs to four Pan becomes one with his beast. Like walking through a door Pan joins with nature and all of its intricacies. He runs free through the night as his ancestors did for generations upon generations.

         On his farm Pan roams the land feeding off his families livestock of wild cow, sheep, and pig, although never taking more than what he could eat. His wife would never let him hear the end of it if he ever did, as some humans are want to do. His wife, an English professor by trade, wasn’t a vegetarian, or one of those radicals, but she just couldn't stand what she thought of as cruelty to animals. Pan had to agree with his wife, for it was she who wore the pants in the family…metaphorically speaking. Pan loved his wife but sometimes he forgot she was just human and not affected by the light of the sun as he was. He often reminisces about his first meeting with Luanne. She didn't know he was a Walker back then. That was a simpler time when they got married he showed her what he was for the first time. He was glade when she didn’t care, for he couldn’t imagine what life would have been like with out her…although it could have been because of all the Champaign she drank at the wedding dinner. I never did find that out. 

© Copyright 2011 O'dran McGlaggen (o_dran4life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1760710-Pan