*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1760782-Darkness-Of-The-Day
by Mimi.E
Rated: 13+ · Other · Gothic · #1760782
This paragraph is actually about an experience in life said indirectly....
                   
                            Darkness of the Day

She heard a whisper in the back of her mind which was low enough to be barely heard, but loud enough to be feared. She curled up on her bed, afraid of what might happen if she closed her eyes…If she went to sleep. Would she be able to wake up the next day, or would she stay asleep in her tomb, but wake up in the midst of hell? She tried to listen for a sound, for a cry, for anything that’ll save her from this prison, but all she heard was nothing. Not even the sound of the ruffling leaves. It was dead silent around her. She tried to move away from her position, and run away from the place she is trapped in, but all she could do was hold back her tongue and keep the hurt within her. She was devastated. She looked around and felt left out. She stood in the middle of a crowded room, but all she felt was that she was alone. The youngsters tripped over her as if she was invisible. Adults looked at her as they passed her, but she realized that they’re looking right through her as if she were nothing but a mere ghost lurking around in the shadows of the day. Her mind was crumpling into pieces. Worse of all was her soul. It was shattering…Day by day…Night by night a piece has fallen through every word someone throws at her that cut her deeply. She was scarred for eternity. No time could heal. No love could put her together. Comfort was never an answer. No word of kindness would modify her. Nothing could save her now. She was forever a lost soul. She slid under her covers finally giving into sleep because no matter which world she’ll wake up in, it couldn’t be any worse than the one she’s already living in.
© Copyright 2011 Mimi.E (mimi.e at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1760782-Darkness-Of-The-Day