*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1761413-Poland--World-War-Two
Rated: E · Other · History · #1761413
This is a report I did about Poland and how Germany started World War Two.
August 31,1939 a day that changed the world, that fateful day forever changed the way that we had lived. People think " How can one day change the world" it can because that was the day when basically the whole world went to war against each other. It was World War 2.

The German government wanted Polish land so as to further their effect they had on the world. Also to gain access back into Danzig, which they had lost in world War 1. The main leader of this action of greed, was Adolf Hitler. But first to get into war with Poland Hitler had to devise a deceptive and sly plan that would make it look like the Polish had attacked first.

To start things off he ordered six men, who were currently in the German army, that could speak Polish and German and were highly trained in combat, to carry out a mission in Gleiwitz ( a town near the Polish boarder). They also took a prisoner from one of the German prisons. They then took the prisoner to another prison that was near Gleiwits. There they had him change into civilian cloths and had a doctor administrate a shot which rendered him unconscious.

Then the people that had been appointed with this mission, along with the unconscious prisoner, drove to a radio station near Gleiwits. When there, the group ambushed the station and locked the people that were there into a room. Then read over the radio in Polish that they Were Polish soldiers and that Poland was going to attack Germany. During the reading the other soldiers totally ruined the place to make it look like the Polish had attacked the radio station. Then the prisoner was taken out of the car and put in front of the building and shot with a rifle about five times till he was dead.

The setup made it look as though the Polish had attacked and killed a person. This gave the German government the reason they wanted to start a war with Poland. It made it seem like the German government was just protecting there citizens but that was not the reason. Greed and selfishness was the base of that great World War 2.
© Copyright 2011 greeneyed_girl94 (greeneyed_girl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1761413-Poland--World-War-Two