*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1762912-Eternity-of-Love
by Brock
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #1762912
A mom and daughter bond
                                        Word Count

                                            469



          Helen's mother just passed away.A simple,unaffecting sentence for us.But for Helen,it was like her whole world had vanished.It was as if someone had stolen her prized possession,never to give it back again.And that someone,according to her,was God.God had never been kind to her and it gave immense pleasure for her to scold God whenever she was depressed.

          Helen's father had died before she was born, in a gruesome car accident.So she grew up to the relative comfort of her mother.Of course she had the company of her grandpa,who used to dote on her.But fate willed otherwise.Grandpa died before her very eyes when she was four.Now she had no one left in this world except for her mom.

          Helen's mom,whom we shall call Mary, was very affectionate on her daughter.The duo got along very well.Helen often admired her mother's determination and will power to go on with life in spite of tragedies she faced.Once when Mary asked Helen

        "What will you become when you grow up"

        and she replied

        "I want to become like you mom"

          That reply brought out tears in Mary's eyes and they hugged each other like it was going to be the last hug.

          Their bond was unbreakable.They were so attached to each other that Mary used to take her to office before she started going to school.And first day of school was the worst day for both.Helen could not let go of their mother and was crying continuously.Mary somehow consoled and cajoled her but inside her even she could not let go of her daughter.

            Somehow the years passed by and Helen grew up into a beautiful young adolescent.Their bond became even more stronger. She would discuss about boys with her mother and she would offer her views and opinions.Mary urged her daughter to go on dates but she seemd a little shy.Today when she finally accepted a date,her mother collapsed right in front of her eyes.Not knowing what to do,she called the neighbour,who was a doctor,and he ruhed to see that Mary had left this earthly abode.Helen,upon hearing this news,did not cry,but just kneeled doen and stared at her face.

              Upon hearing the news,all the neighbours rushed to Helen's house.They were trying to make her cry but no tear could escape her eye.It was as if all tears had already cried for.In side her mind,the flashback of her entire life thus far was playing by.

              Virtually an orphan now,she had no idea what her life is going to become from tomorrow.All she knew is that her mom still lived in her.
© Copyright 2011 Brock (rrsovr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1762912-Eternity-of-Love