*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1763062-Salem-Todd-and-the-Rose-of-Death
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Ping
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1763062
A teenager is kidnapped and his parents killed. A hunt for the Rose of Death begins.
        Some say he was a freak, yet others said he was unnatural, but decent. He behaved well, fitted in well and was popular. Nobody knew would've guessed what would happen to their peculiar friend one calm August afternoon.

         Salem sat on the sidewalk in front of his house. He wore a black hoodie sweatshirt and black baggy pants with a skull belt. He had blue eyes and short black hair.
         A young boy walked up to Salem. “What are ya doing?” the boy asked. “Oh, I’m just sitting on the sidewalk watching cars pass by,” Salem said. “Wierdo!” the boy said and walked away. After five minutes go by, a hot girl his age sits down next to him.
         “Hi,” she says to him. “Hi,” Salem says. “Do you mind if I sit next to you?” she asked Salem. “No I don’t mind at all. Do you want to play a game with me?” Salem asked her. “Sure. By the way, what is your name?” she asked Salem. “My name is Salem. What is yours?” he asked her. “Well, my name is Ashley. If you don’t mind, I have to go somewhere real quickly,” Ashley said.
         “No I don’t mind,” Salem said. After she leaves, he laid down on the grass. Five minutes later he was asleep. A black van parks near Salem. Three burly men jumped out and picked up Salem.
         “What the-!” Salem yelled. “Let go of me!” he commanded. “Quiet or you’re going to get it,” one of the men said. They got into the van and started to drive away. The man who threatened Salem pulled out his cell and dialed someone’s number.
         “Boss, the package has been picked up,” the man said. Salem could hear a man say, “Very good,” and then the man hung up. Salem looked behind him and saw Ashley with the men. “Why?” asked Salem. Ashley shrugged and smiled. She lifted her hand up and put him to sleep with a sleeping spell.
         The next day, a Police Detective sat on a sofa in the Todd’s house. Mrs. Todd comes out of the kitchen carrying a tray with three cups of coffee, a carafe and some cream. She sits down next to Mr. Todd on the sofa opposite the Police Detective. Mr. and Mrs. Todd are both writers of occult nonfiction.
         “I need your names for the report,” the Police Detective said. “ My name is Ailie Todd and my husband is Abel Todd. What can you tell us right now, Detective?” Ailie said. “Well, right now we can tell that the kidnappers are not amateurs. Since they took your son without anyone seeing or hearing anything. We have and idea of who did it though,” the Police Detective said.
         Abel and Ailie both lean forward in their seat. “Who?” Abel asked. “We think it is the Death. Have you heard of them?” the Police Officer said. “Yes, yes we have,” Mr. Todd. “We have as many police officers looking for him as we can. We have also contacted all airports, railroads, and docks in the area,” the Police Detective said.
         Abel looked at Ailie. Ailie breaks down and cries. “Come here,” Abel said while moving to hug her. “It’s okay. The police will find him,” Abel said. The Police Detective clears his throat and stands up. “Well, then. I guess I will be on my way. Have a good night.” “You too,” Abel said. The Police Detective walked out the door.
         BANG! A gunshot goes off outside after the door closes.
© Copyright 2011 Ping (kane at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1763062-Salem-Todd-and-the-Rose-of-Death