*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1763102-Seqqys-Choice
Rated: GC · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1763102
A young girl comes to terms with her sexuality.
Seqqy had been having problems with decision making lately. She sat opposite Adar at a table for two in the Creamy Inn, trying to decide which flavour of ice cream to get. As her eyes flicked from Triple Chocolate Chip to Cappuccino Cream Dream and back, she pondered the events of the past week.
 

The second term of the school year had just begun and Seqqy was looking forward to making a fresh start of things. There had been some weirdness at the end of the previous term that she just wanted to forget. She half hoped that if she moved on the universe would somehow take the hint and do the same. On Monday morning she decided not to walk to class with Emme or Ratifa or Jarrie as she always did. She walked into the school building alone, whistling a tune. As she took the stairs to the second floor where her classroom was, Seqqy realised that someone was following her. She turned around and met the deep brown eyes of Ruqha Khartim. Ruqha flashed a smile at her.

“You dropped your pen,” Ruqha informed her. Seqqy blushed and took the pen, mumbling “Thank you”, and scrambled up the remaining steps to the safety of her classroom and her desk. Seqqy sat slowly, willing her heartbeat to slow down for she was sure everyone else in the class could hear the pounding in her chest. She wiped her sweaty palms on her skirt and began bringing out the books from her bag mechanically. She hadn’t expected to be confronted with Ruqha so early in the term. It was only Monday, for Pete’s sake! Seqqy looked up and saw Emme looking at her. Don’t come over, don’t come over, don’t come over... Emme came over to Seqqy’s desk.

“Hey, are you ok?” asked Emme, “You look like you just saw the Bloody Baron.”

“I’m fine; I just had to battle a huge wasp on the way to class, that’s all,” laughed Seqqy weakly. Emme nodded knowingly. Seqqy had an intense aversion to all six-legged creatures, more so those that could fly.

“So apparently Ruqha is having a house party tomorrow,” Ratifa said as she joined them. “Are you guys going?”

“I’ll have to ask my mum, you know how she is about parties on a school night,” groaned Seqqy.

“Or you could just sleep over at my house and tell her we’re doing a project together,” said Emme. Emme’s step-mother was notoriously permissive; she let Emme do pretty much whatever she wanted as long as she kept her grades up, something Emme had no trouble doing. Emme had a veritable army of nerds who were willing to do her homework for her in exchange for the occasional peck on the cheek. Seqqy wished she had the kind of effect Emme had on boys. By simply leaning over his desk and pinching his cheek, Emme could make pretty much any guy do pretty much anything for her. Of course, it helped that her ample cleavage was always generously displayed thanks to two buttons left undone at the top of her school uniform shirt.

“What about Jarrie, is she coming?” Seqqy asked Ratifa.

“Uh-huh. She doesn’t know yet, but she’s coming,” said Ratifa.

“Where is she, anyway?”

“In the toilets, putting on her makeup. She didn’t have time to finish ‘cus she was late.”

“Ok you guys have to go sit down now, Mrs. Bamishaad is here.”

Emme reluctantly slid off Seqqy’s desk and sauntered to her seat.


*              *              *

“Definitely this one,” gushed Emme.

“You think so? It’s a little short though, isn’t it?” Seqqy cocked her head at her reflection in the full-length mirror.

“What? That dress is practically a wedding gown!” Emme looked genuinely shocked.

“I shouldn’t even be asking you. Your dress barely covers your ass,” Seqqy laughed.

The two were in Emme’s bedroom, getting ready for Ruqha’s party that night. Emme was wearing a black, lacy, body-hugging dress while Seqqy had chosen a navy blue-and-white polka dotted dress with a full skirt. It was shorter than she was used to, but Emme succeeded in convincing her that it wasn’t too short. When they were ready Emme and Seqqy drove by to Jarrie’s and Ratifa’s houses to pick them up. Emme had taken the convertible because she liked the wind whipping through her hair at night. It got her “in the mood”, as she used to say. Seqqy was sure she could guess what exactly it got Emme in the mood for.

When they got to the house the party was already in full swing. Emme insisted on arriving late so they could make an ‘entrance’. Seqqy thought the late dramatic entrance thing was kind of played out but she went along with it. As they got out of the car several male heads turned. By the time they’d sashayed into the living room nearly everyone was looking at them. Well I guess Emme’s got what she wanted now, thought Seqqy wryly. In a few minutes Emme was surrounded by a gaggle of males. Jarrie and Ratifa procured glasses of something alcoholic and pushed one into Seqqy’s hand. She sipped some of it and felt the tingly warmth spread through her chest. As the glass emptied out her abdomen started to tingle too. She needed to pee. She left Jarrie and Ratifa and found the stairs.

Seqqy stood at the top of the stairs, memories clouding her head as she looked down the corridor. She made her way slowly to Ruqha’s bedroom and pushed the door open. The room was just as she remembered it – the zebra-patterned rug in front of the bed; the lone black wall that she and Ruqha had painted together; the framed landscapes and portraits that Ruqha had painted herself hung up on the wall. Seqqy walked over to the bedside table and picked up the framed photo of her and Ruqha laughing hysterically as they came down the water slide at Disneyland.

“Hey.”
Seqqy whipped around to see Ruqha standing in the doorway. Her heart drummed up again and Seqqy began to feel dizzy. Her face felt like it was burning. “Um, hi” she replied.

“That dress looks awesome on you,” said Ruqha as she entered the room and shut the door behind her. Seqqy instinctively moved back a centimetre.

“Um. Hi Ruqha. I just came upstairs to use the bathroom. I’m going back downstairs like right now...” Seqqy rambled.

Ruqha smiled. “Just chill for a minute, will you? I want to talk to you.” She walked up to Seqqy and took her glass from her. “Have you been drinking? I didn’t know you drink.”

“Yeah, well, I just started. I don’t drink a lot. Just a little at parties.”

Ruqha sat on the bed and tapped a spot beside her. “Come sit down.”

Seqqy hesitated for a nanosecond before she sat.

“So, have you thought about what I said last term? You said you’d think about it.”

“Um...” Seqqy was not sure what to say.

“You haven’t decided, have you? Is that why you’ve been avoiding me?”

“I haven’t been avoiding you,” said Seqqy defensively, her reddened cheeks betraying her.

“Uh, yeah, you have. You didn’t come over at all over the break. You didn’t even call me on Christmas Eve to sing ‘Merry Christmas’ like you always do.” Ruqha looked at Seqqy, questioning her with her eyes.

“It’s just...I’m still not sure about this,” Seqqy managed around a lump in her throat. “I don’t want our friendship to change.”

“Nothing has to change,” Ruqha breathed, lifting her hand to rest on Seqqy’s cheek.

Seqqy stayed stock still, mesmerised by Ruqha’s deep gaze and the feel of Ruqha’s palm on her cheek. Ruqha’s face seemed to come closer but Seqqy wasn’t sure; everything felt so surreal. As Ruqha’s lips met hers, Seqqy’s eyes closed as though there was a leaden weight on them, and her breath came faster. Alarms were going off in a part of Seqqy’s brain, but it was only a small part. The rest of her brain was filled with a soft but blinding light. It seemed to Seqqy as though her entire life had been leading up to this moment when her lips were finally united with Ruqha’s. Her lips are so... soft, thought Seqqy as she responded to the kiss without restraint. Seqqy had had her fair share of kisses from guys – Quince, Miah, Oleq – but nothing compared to what Ruqha was doing to her.

After what seemed like a lifetime, Ruqha finally pulled away. The light filling Seqqy’s brain faded away and bitter reality seeped in. Seqqy opened her eyes. Ruqha was smiling at her, (shyly, it seemed to Seqqy) but Seqqy could not return the smile. She stammered something about Emme and the others waiting for her and left the room as quickly as she could, leaving a confused and despondent Ruqha in her wake.

 

“So what’ll it be, ma?”

Seqqy looked up from the menu and up at the waitress whose pen was hovering expectantly over her notepad. Adar was staring at her quizzically. “Seqqy, is everything ok?”

Seqqy knew she had to choose. Adar was waiting, and so was the waitress. If she didn’t say something soon they’d think she was crazy. She took a deep breath and thought quickly. She’d had the Triple Chocolate Chip before. In fact, she chose it every time she went out for ice cream. She liked it. It was a safe choice. But then the Cappuccino Cream Dream was a more exciting option. She’d had just a little taste once before and she thought she might like to try it again. But what if it wasn’t as good as Triple Chocolate Chip? She might not finish the whole thing and then she’d regret buying it in the first place. Seqqy wished Adar would just choose for her.

“Cappuccino Cream Dream. I’ll take the Cappuccino Cream Dream,” Seqqy blurted before she could change her mind again. The waitress rolled her eyes, muttering “Finally” as she took down the order, and left.

Seqqy tapped her foot impatiently for the rest of the date and was greatly relieved when Adar finally asked for the bill. She was thankful that his talkativeness had masked her own reluctance to engage in conversation. Adar ferried her back to her house and they said their goodbyes.
As soon as she had closed the door behind her, Seqqy scrolled to Ruqha’s name in her phonebook and hit the green button.


*              *              *

Seqqy ran the tip of her tongue over her lips to moisten them. She shivered slightly, despite the heat of the late morning sun.
Ruqha was taking her time with Seqqy’s buttons, teasing her. While Ruqha amused herself Seqqy studied Ruqha’s breasts, as she had already got rid of her own clothing. They bulged slightly over the rims of her black and pink bra, and Seqqy could make out the outlines of the pert nipples through the thin padding. Seqqy’s inspection was interrupted when Ruqha’s mouth closed over one of her nipples.

Seqqy’s eyes closed as Ruqha pushed her onto her back, all the while sucking gently. Seqqy was overcome with pleasure and she felt sure the sensory information would overload her brain. Ruqha kneaded Seqqy’s other breast while she worked on the first one, flicking her tongue over the hardened nipple mercilessly. When Seqqy began gasping for air Ruqha moved her tongue over to the other nipple, and took her hand down to Seqqy’s underwear. She slipped two fingers into the warm wetness that was Seqqy’s centre.

Seqqy’s back arched as she moaned with pleasure, lifting her hips to bring Ruqha’s touch even deeper inside her. Ruqha thrust her fingers in and out rhythmically while her tongue formed a southward trail from Seqqy’s breasts. Ruqha sucked and licked and she went down, and when her mouth arrived at the underwear boundary she paused to coax Seqqy’s panties off her. Seqqy spread her legs wide apart, inviting Ruqha in. Ruqha locked eyes with Seqqy for a moment, smiled, and  plunged her tongue in.

Seqqy’s eyes widened at the sensation of Ruqha’s tongue flicking in and out of her. This was nothing compared to what she had read about or heard other people describe. This was out of this world. She felt as though Ruqha’s mouth was setting her on fire and putting the fire out at the same time. Her eyes rolled back in her head; her hands found her breasts and fondled them as she lost herself in ecstasy. Her hips ground into Ruqha’s mouth as though they had a mind of their own.

Just as Seqqy felt that she was losing control of her mind and body, she felt herself reach the peak of bliss. She moaned Ruqha’s name again and again as her muscles tightened around Ruqha’s tongue for a few seconds, her whole body shuddering in the grip of indescribable pleasure; then waves of relief washed over her as her body relaxed. Seqqy felt like she could melt into Ruqha’s duvet.

After Seqqy came, Ruqha lay beside her, stroking her hair and studying her face while Seqqy’s breathing slowed to normal. When Seqqy opened her eyes Ruqha kissed her deeply. Seqqy pulled back to look into Ruqha’s face. Her eyes twinkled.

“Ruqha... That was AWESOME.” Seqqy grinned. “Now it’s my turn.”

Ruqha giggled as Seqqy straddled her.
© Copyright 2011 Carmen Winters (yviyoha at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1763102-Seqqys-Choice