*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1763167-Gone-with-the-Wind
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Bunni
Rated: E · Short Story · Experience · #1763167
Maybe hard work doesn't always pay off..
A chilgren's story that was inspired by my 4-year-old sister's fairt tale book, Bunni
-------------------------------------------------------


Once upon a time, there lived a man called Sheeshee. He was alone in this world, but was grateful for the house that sheltered him, and the clothes that kept him warm. He lived in a small and unimportant country called Moorlin.
In Moorlin, the citizen's were extremely busy celebrating the 30th National Day. Each city had to show its loyalty to Moorlin by creating something in celebration, and a contest took place. There were sculptures engraved on mountains, fireworks, and much more.
In Booker, the city where Sheeshee lived, no one was enthusiastic, and they didn't bother preparing something big. This, sadly, resulted in their loss. The prize was given to Kuzmanka, Booker's neighboring city.
Oh dear, Sheeshee didn't like that. He promised he will help his city win next year. Sheeshee decided to draw the king's face on the highest mountain in Booker using white sand, so that it can be seen from many miles. He decided to start preparing immediately; such a masterpiece was bound to take time.
Sheeshee went early every morning and poured white sand accordingly, but the next day, all his hard work would be gone and he always had to redo it. His naivety lead to a silly conclusion that the people of Kuzmanka were behind this. Little did he know that it was in fact the wind that blew away his sand. Legend has it, that Sheeshee is still on that mountain drawing till this very day. So, when your plans are fueled with jealousy, your eyes will be blinded by it too.
© Copyright 2011 Bunni (bunzblabz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1763167-Gone-with-the-Wind