*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1763552-The-Slab
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Dark · #1763552
Some torture needs no justification
A clean shaven, slightly fit man with short blonde hair, approximately in his late teens is chained up to a vertical slab with metal restraints bolted in place on his arms, legs, and stomach. His arms are held up above his head stretched out as far as the can, so they make a v shape. His legs are stretched straight down as far as they will go, and he is suspended up above the cold metal floor. A man slowly walks up to him. As the stranger approaches the prisoner sneers at him. However before he says anything, the stranger reaches out and grabs the middle of his chest. His hand goes somewhat beyond the skin, and he twists. The pain is immense, and the prisoner screams out. He struggles to try and break free of the restraints, but it’s no use.

The tormentor twists harder and then says with clear hatred in his voice, “You will never be free.”

Unable to respond, because of the pain, the prisoner merely screams. Slowly the tormentor keeps twisting further and further tearing more and more flesh. Then something strange happens, chains pierce through the prisoner’s hands from the slab. They wrap around his arm, implanting them in the slab as they go around and around. More pour out and as they reach the prisoners neck, they wrap around that. Rather firmly the prisoner’s head is slammed to the slab and held tight by the chains. Chains shoot through the prisoner’s feet and do to his legs what is happening to his arms. The chains wrap around him and converge into his chest, where the tormentor’s hand is still twisting and tearing away at the flesh. The chains pierce through and pass through him entirely, and out the other end of the slab.

His screams continue. His pain is insurmountable. He isn’t sure why he hasn’t gone into shock yet, or why he isn’t passing out from the pain.

The floor lifts up, leaving just a box on the ground, and it becomes walls. Then a ceiling tops the newly made box. The chains then pierce out through the box as they tear through and around the prisoner, bringing him closer and closer to the slab. The chains were rubbing him raw as they moved quickly along his flesh.

Outside of the new box, the chains wrap around it again and again, until it is nearly impossible to tell that the box is not made of chains itself. Then, they fuse together so there is no weak link. They become one without need for a lock, because this box is one that is never meant to open again.

Back inside the box, the horrid howls continue. As blood pours down the prisoner’s body from the raw and pierced flesh, he feels a slight moment of relief as the chains stop pouring out and grinding against his skin. Then, without warning the pain becomes more then twice as bad. The tormentor’s hand is pushing in farther, and he is twisting more and more. A piercing cry continuously goes out from the prisoner as he is tortured. Again, the tormentor repeats their words, “You will never be free,” and then he adds one more part, “never again.”

A boy is lying in bed, and opens his eyes. He lets out a sigh feeling better then he had before. He sits up, and pats himself on the chest. He is finally done. Inside him there is an evil, lurking, and waiting. But now he is sealing it away in a box, never to open and release the evil. Inside him there are two reflections of himself. His evil on a slab, and his conscious, which looks exactly like his evil, and even his outer self, holding his evil with their hand tearing into the evil’s flesh.
© Copyright 2011 A Shattered Heart (heavensmaster at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1763552-The-Slab