*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1763556-Ravings-of-a-sort
Rated: E · Other · Biographical · #1763556
This will be a place of rants / raves / musings
6/27/11 - 10:30 p.m.
I had a thought this weekend about how so many songs and people are talking about "You never know what you have till it's gone". And though this is a true statement I think the sadder statement would be that "What about the stuff that is gone which you'll never realize you miss." Due to some serious life changes I've come to realize that things were gone in my life, things that had been a part of me for years, and they slowly disappeared. I didn't realize it until recently when I started to experience those parts of myself again. Things that I didn't even know I was missing. Now that I'm able to have them as part of my life again, sometimes it makes me feel giddy with joy. I sacrificed so much for so long but, am happily becoming the person that I once was, the person who had these things in my life. It's a great feeling. Though we all sacrifice things throughout life, you should never give up too much of yourself, don't become that shell of a person whom you barely recognize. Be true to yourself. Take care fellow Traveler.

5/28/11 - 3:00 a.m.
Wow it has been awhile since I have written here. However, there has been other writing that needed to be done before I could continue. Have you ever been so happy that you couldn't help but laugh. Not like at a joke but more at the situations in your life. Have you ever taken so much joy out of where you where or where you were at that you had to laugh as it brought you so much joy and happiness that there was no other appropriate response. If you never have then I'm sorry, you need to change your life so you can experience such a thing. It is wondrous and unbelievable. Also while you are thinking of it when is the last time you performed a Random Act of Kindness outside of the Internet. If it has been awhile the try it. If we were all to do something like that even once a week, how much better our society would be. Well enough of the soap box. Take care and talk to you soon fellow Traveler.

4/21/11 - 10:30 p.m.
Hmm not very reliable lately I see. Hehe sorry. Sometimes it's hard to tell yourself to slow down and experience the life that you are living. I'm learning how much I have been running around chaotically, reacting to everything in my life. Trying to be proactive but never succeeding. Life is made up of a series of moments and you have to live each to the best of your ability. Enjoy the little things cause they are what will get you through everything, because when you add them up you'll find the joy that you've taken in those moments is greater than the sorrow you have suffered. That is if you let yourself take that joy. Go out and smell a flower today *Smile* Take care Traveler Don't forget the sights just to see the road.

4/2/11 - 5:30 p.m.
It's funny how sometimes you can start out with a plan and then have it change so fast that you didn't even see it coming. Last night I went out to just go to the store and get some gas for the car. Then I saw a bar and thought I would like to get a drink before I went home. Next thing I knew I had made some new friends and ended up closing down the bar. I guess the lesson here is always be flexible. If I had went home I never would have met anyone new, I wouldn't have experienced the thrill and elation that comes from making new friends. Being flexible and explorative in life is something we all should be. If not then we get stuck in a rut that you can't get out of. Things pass you by and sometimes you don't even know what your missing. So always be open fellow Traveler. Take care and thanks for visiting.

3/31/11 - 9:30 a.m
It's funny how life throws us all these twists and turns and how every decision that we make at the time seems like the right one. All leading us down the different roads that we walk throughout life. We make all these decisions never knowing how things will turn out. And we always make them with some goal in mind even if it's just what will make you happier at the moment. And then there are those times when we drift aimlessly, not knowing what decision to make and sometimes not even knowing what the choices are. Times when the previous goals you had have been destroyed or taken away or simply no longer pertinent. Then comes the hard part of trying to sort your life out and create new goals and new paths to walk down. That's the point I'm at now, hopefully I can find those goals again soon. Thanks for visiting Travelers.

3/30/11 - 6:30 p.m.
Welcome back Traveler. So I sat up last night with some brilliant ideas of what I would write today. Then I read some Stephen Erickson (Great author!!!) and went to sleep. This morning I awoke and thought a little about it before off to work I ran. Now after a hectic day trying to make things work right here I am with nary a thought in my head except what I am currently writing. Of course my stomach isn't helping matters so I guess it's time to eat. 'looks in the fridge' So it's Garlic and Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo however, there's no more chicken left to go with it. So instead I used the hot dogs I already had in there. I would recommend all beef ones if you want to try it. Tastes pretty good. So Travelers that is it for now. Thanks for Visiting.

3/29/11 - 10:15 p.m.
Whew made it back. So this is going to be a blog of sorts until I can upgrade. It's been many years since I've really written anything. I've tried a few times but nothing has come to fruition. I have been having trouble with the words. They just wouldn't come. My whole life has changed recently and I am working on getting through many troubling and deeply painful things that have happened. I find myself at a crossroads looking towards a future that is completely uncertain. At this time I am trying to gather myself, find out who I am and where I want to be in that future. I always remember myself as a writer, it is something that I have always loved to do. It is something that I have been denying myself access to. Never enough time, always something going on, and then when I tried I would get frustrated because the words would not come. They needed something to push them out now when they used to flow so easily before. Yet, lately I've felt drawn back here, wondering what the site was like, wondering what new stories I have missed and wondering again if the words would flow for me. And now as I write this they start coming of their own accord again, sometimes with stops and starts but it is happening. This is what I hope to continue. This is a part of me that I want to have in my future. So Travelers, once again I join you.
Thank you for your company on this road, and Thanks for Visiting.

3/29/11 - 5:15 p.m.
Well here is a start, not much time so I will be back later. Thanks for Visiting.
© Copyright 2011 Doxical (doxical at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1763556-Ravings-of-a-sort