*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1763592-A-Reapers-Captive
Rated: E · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1763592
Sherri embarks on her final destination...^_^
The blazing colors of the sunset lay wasted upon the stoned path. I walked cautiously back to the white house, paranoia awaking my senses. I fumbled for the key as the door swung open.

“I’m sorry, young lady. Can I help you?”

I glared into the face of a handsome, yet somehow familiar face.

“I apologize,” I stammered, “I thought this was my home.”

The striking gentleman pushed his hair away from his greenish blue eyes and asked, “Would you like to come inside?”

I was so entranced by this memorable man I could not help but reply, “Thank you kind sir.”

We entered into a stunning palace full of Victorian style paintings. Everything seemed so proverbial; so much like home. We walked into the front hall as a cascading staircase appeared in front of me.

A yellowish tint seemed to brighten the abode as we continued into the living room. I noticed an elderly couple swaying in what seemed to be ancient rocking chairs. The rocking stopped as I entered into the room. “Blessings ma’am and kind sir,” I said. The aging couple could do nothing else but stare in my direction.

I looked up into the striking gentleman’s face and asked, “Should I leave?”

Gazing into my eyes with certainty he replied, “Our home is yours.”

We continued into a room which contained what seemed like kitchen utensils. At this point, insecurity was overwhelming my being.

“Where are we going?” My voice shook with doubtful anticipation.

“My dear, we are heading to your final destination.”

I gaped at him in astonishment and fear. “But sir, I do not even know where I wish to go, how could you?”

All of a sudden, a darkened cloak appeared around his shoulders and extended down the length of his body to his feet.

“Sherri,” he calmly spoke my name, “I have been expecting you.”

Within moments, we had ascended the length of the cascading stairway.

“We have arrived.”

His words were tranquil and oddly peaceful. His arm was outstretched towards a vivid and indiscernible white light which had emerged from out of the thin air in front of us.

“Your questions will be answered in good time, dear one.”

He spoke with urgency as his hand guided me towards the light.

As I stepped into the whirling light; all fears and childhood memories came flooding around me. It was as though I were seeing them through a TV screen. Grasping at the spiraling pictures surrounding me; I strained to stand upright….

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************


“Sherri; hun, are you all right?”

Sheepishly I rubbed at the corners of my eyes.

“Where am I?”

Lobo’s face was evident as my eye sight started to clear.

“Baby, I was worried about you for a second.”

His voice was eerily high-pitched and strained.

“Lobo, I am fine, it was all just a dream.”

I relaxed in the seat as we sped on through the boundless traffic.

I closed my eyes in relief, as the horrible memories of my dream repeated in my mind. Without warning the car began to slow down. I heard the car door open and close with a slight thud, and felt a calming breeze as my car door opened.

“Here we are!”

Lobo could not contain his excitement as he proudly displayed our new home. I sighed in frustration and idly hoisted myself out of the car. I turned around impatiently and recognized the white house.

© Copyright 2011 Lolita-New Book! (anukisray at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1763592-A-Reapers-Captive