*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1764310-I-believe-in-my-dad
Rated: · Essay · Other · #1764310
An essay written for writing class about believing in my dad.
I Believe in my Dad
I believe in my dad. I believe that someday he will feel happiness again. I believe that someday he will get blessed for the huge heart he was given. I see that my dad is suffering from hurt. I see that he covers it up and pretends he doesn't care, but I know deep inside he does. I see that all he is worried about is his daughter and does everything he can to give her the life she wants. That daughter happens to be me. Now, I love that my father is there for me because sometimes I need it. No, scratch that, I need it all the time. But, I am willing to give it up just to give him the opportunity to work on himself. This time, I want it the other way around. I want to be the one being there for my dad.
Ever since my parents got divorced, he's lived in isolation. I saw how much my dad loved my mom. He loved her with all his heart. No matter how much he denies it or hides it, I see what the divorce has done to him. They've been divorced for about 6 months now. I never really saw the love my mom had for my dad. It hurts to say this, but maybe it just wasn't there. But, with my dad I saw it. I'd hear the screams, I'd feel the tension. In my dad's screams, I heard the love. The anger expressed was love. I heard in every scream how much he didn't want it the way it was. Although, he didn't say it like that, I heard it. Sometimes, you can hear the things that no one else can.
Whenever they finished their brawl, he'd leave the house to just get away from her. But, it wasn't because he couldn't stand my mother. It was because he couldn't stand the tension that was being built between them. He couldn't stand that all he was doing was fighting with the one he loved. He was trapped in the past and all he wanted was their love back. Although he hasn't told me any of this, I know my dad. I know this is how he felt.
I'm not trying to say my mom is bad person for not showing the love my dad showed her. I'm not saying that at all. Sometimes, most of the time, when people fall in love, in the end someone falls out of it and the other someone is left heartbroken. That's just how it is. When a person falls out of love, it doesn't mean they're a bad person. It just means they simply fell out of love and that is what happened with my mother, I believe.
Sometimes, I feel my dad's pain. I see it in his eyes and every move he makes and it breaks me. If anyone deserves pain, it's deffinitily not him. Not a chance. The heart my dad was given, I admire. I admire that he cares so much and loves so much. If it wasn't for my dad, I don't know where I would be. If it wasn't for my dad's love and support, I would be completely lost. My dad has given me hope. I believe that he will overcome this and in the end be a better, stronger man. Someday, I believe that I will be just like my dad. This belief is the hope that gets me by...
© Copyright 2011 NamesAlyssaBro (kaye96 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1764310-I-believe-in-my-dad