*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1764495-Thoughts
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1764495
my thoughts on being born in the wrong time and place
I was born in the wrong era. In my 16 years of life I have come to realize that though I adjust to our modern world, the new technologies and sciences, they are completely wasted on me. I was meant for the glamour and simplicity of the mid 20th century. My favorite movies are from the 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s. That was the time for to be a part of Hollywood. That was the time of incredible acting, real romance, fabulous fashion, and elegance. Hollywood was not the trash and botox and implants and autotune it is today. The acting was real, the people were alive and vibrant, and the feelings were that of class, poise, sophistication, and style. It was at this time that the great actors and singers and celebrities came into being. To list a few, Cary Grant, Deborah Kerr, Audrey Hepburn, Katherine Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor, Jimmy Stewart, William Holden, Humphrey Bogart, Gregory Peck, Elizabeth Montgomery, Marilyn Monroe Grace Kelly, and countless others. They knew self preservation, dignity, and grace. The fashion, the music, the dancing, and even the vibe, was amazing. While the iphone doesn't do much for me, I would have loved learning the twist. Just something I often think about and try to carry with me through this turbulent, ever confusing modern 21st century society.
© Copyright 2011 TeenageGirl (hello99 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1764495-Thoughts