*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1764522-I-Cant-Believe
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1764522
survivor challenge #1 dialog only
"I can't believe these parents allowed this to happen."

"Well Tim, these aren't the good old days like when you and I were kids. The times have changed."

"I know Marge, but come on now, if you or I had done something like this, well, face it, we both knew better."

"Come on now, don't tell me you never pulled any pranks when you were a kid."

"We may have pulled a few pranks, but nobody got hurt, and nobody went to jail. You think this was a mere prank? Catastrophe is what I would call it, wouldn't you?"

"Jail...what on earth are you talking about? Nobody went to jail. It was a stupid prank. You can be so dramatic sometimes."

"Are you reading the same article I am? This one here, about the second grader's who took their parent's real life guns to school, so they could have a mock war game. Only one of them had live ammunition in it."

"Oh, gosh, no...I was reading the one here about the kids that dumped hundreds of frogs in the school Commons area. Did anyone get hurt?"

"No, nobody was hurt. Isn't that the school that Michael goes to? Where is he anyway?"

"Yes, that is his school. He stayed the night with friends. Why?"

"Oh, I was just wondering. You don't think he would take a gun to school do you?"

"Of course not, he knows better. We raised him better than that. If you go look, you will find it in the nightstand where we keep it. Go on, I can see you want to.

"Marge, can you call Michael, and have him come right home. I think we have a problem."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Invalid Item
With the following prompt:

You (or your character) are reading a newspaper, and someone is reading over your shoulder. Write a DIALOGUE ONLY story that explains your reaction.
© Copyright 2011 ~WhoMe???~ (whome at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1764522-I-Cant-Believe