*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1764576-The-Man-and-the-Lamb
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Religious · #1764576
"And the blood of the Lamb was smeared across the door" God said.
"And the blood of the Lamb was smeared across the door" God said.
The young man stood at the edge of a high cliff, overlooking a vast desert.
"Why am I here?" The man asked.
"You do not know?"
"No, tell me?"
The voice from above bellowed. "Why does one think he can take the life of an innocent and not pay dearly? Answer this question and I shall tell you why."
The man said nothing.
"There is no justification for murder, especially that of an innocent."
"Who are you?" The man asked.
"I am the almighty, the omnipotent being that watches everything, everywhere, the creator of the heaven and the earth and today is judgement day. I cast one from this rock and cast millions more after that."
"You mean... God?"
"I have many names" The heavenly voice spoke back.
The man knelt and looked up into the shining sky above. "Please, tell me why you've brought me here."
"You brought yourself here." God replied.
"But why, how?"
"You took the life of an innocent, look below."

The man stepped to the edge and peered over the rocky edge. Far below he saw the stains of red on the sandy rocks.
"I am no killer" The man stammered.
There was a long silence, strong winds howled below lifting the sand high into the air making everything below disappear.

"You would not survive a fall like this." God spoke.
The man took a step back from the edge. "Are you going to push me?"
"No, I am going to show you."

The man felt himself step towards the edge of the cliff, then dropped off the edge.
He began to plummet, down and down through the air breaking through the mask of sand obscuring the view below. Wind hammered against his face blowing his cheeks back. He finally hit the jagged rocks, the wail of the wind suddenly stopped and all went dark.

"Well now you know the truth. There is no justification for murder, especially the murder of yourself."
© Copyright 2011 Mr Derp (hulohot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1764576-The-Man-and-the-Lamb